• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do i put in a forage box?

I put in hay, I use shorter strands for foraging in - don't know why - I just think it might be easier to find things in - actualy thats why!!

Then asorted leaves, dried carrot and apple, or bits of vegetable (brocolli, carrot etc), some of their pellets etc.... Nothing out of the ordinary - just what they usually eat but cut up smaller!! :D

I just use their litter tray after fresh hay is put in, I sprinkle over some mixed dried stuff or some readigrass or treat hay. I don't put fresh stuff in though cos it's normally wet from washing and then hay just sticks to it.

I just use their litter tray after fresh hay is put in, I sprinkle over some mixed dried stuff or some readigrass or treat hay. I don't put fresh stuff in though cos it's normally wet from washing and then hay just sticks to it.

I do this too. In the winter it is readigrass and dried herbs e.g. plantain and dandelion or dried flowers. In the summer it is grass and dandelion and plantain fresh.

I use hay mostly, maybe a couple of different types, some dried herbs, occasionally a couple of their pellets or some carrotys. And within a few hours they've flipped it upside down and/or wee'd in it!

I use hay mostly, maybe a couple of different types, some dried herbs, occasionally a couple of their pellets or some carrotys. And within a few hours they've flipped it upside down and/or wee'd in it!

Oh yes you've reminded me, sometimes I'll scatter a few carrot treats in Nutmeg and Smudge's box. And sometimes I'll break up a crunchie and scatter that in the Mini and Mischa's digging box.

Bits of dried dandelion and plantain go down very well with Spenser. If your buns are outdoors be careful the veg doesn't freeze before they find it! :wave:

Oh yes you've reminded me, sometimes I'll scatter a few carrot treats in Nutmeg and Smudge's box. And sometimes I'll break up a crunchie and scatter that in the Mini and Mischa's digging box.

Oooh a Crunchie! now I'd go foraging for that! What.... you don't mean a "thank Crunchie it's Friday Crunchie"? you mean a Fenugreek Crunchie? Oh I'll give it a miss then.......

Oooh a Crunchie! now I'd go foraging for that! What.... you don't mean a "thank Crunchie it's Friday Crunchie"? you mean a Fenugreek Crunchie? Oh I'll give it a miss then.......

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

My Mum keeps buying those Crunchie ice creams - they have popping candy in the chocolate. I keep telling her off cos I'm trying to stick to a diet. :oops:

Back