• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

URGENT - help needed in wellingborough U/D

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
Please can anyone help me? Sebastian has stopped eating again and I have now run out of recovary food and metaclop. We physically cannot afford £117 just to be seen with no guarentee of getting the meds we need. Sebastian has seen a vet and will be going again tomorow if they are open.
Can anyone bring recovary food and metaclop to me in Wellingborough. I can pay petrol money.

Please do not tell me I need to see a vet, I am 16 and have been told we can't afford this and a dental (which he seems to need)

Last edited:
do you normally feed pellets? if so you don't need recovery
mix some of his pellets with some boiled water..still warm so they mush down
Then pull back the plunger in the syringe and cut the tip off with sharp scissors to make the hole a bit larger
then you can feed him the mushed pellets..just make sure you don't push the rubber plungey bit into his mouth
Also don't try to overfeed if he is not 100%..just small amounts and often..
is he still pooing?
if he isn't showing any signs of bloat you can mix small amounts of fruit baby food or some apple juice with the pellets..but if any signs of bloat do not do this..with bloat he needs a vet ASAP
This advice doesn't replace a vet..just may help until you can get to one

Last edited:
Thankyou janice has offered me this solution just now, I would never of thought about it! He is still pooing, they are strung together with fur though and his mouth is paainful so he isn't happy. He isn't bloated, his stomach is still nice and soft, he has had a nibble on pellets but seems frustrated. He has had some pain killers and a dose of metaclop, I don't think I have a full dose for tonight though :/

I would stick with mashing up pellets if he is eating of his own accord. Grate some carrot and if you can get carrot tops, most bunnies will eat them unless they phisically can't. Stick with soft food for the moment.

If he is 'furred' up, you need to get fibre into him to drag the fur through (the enzymes in pineapple are reputed to help but the jury is still out on that). With regards to metaclop, I was told that it has a cumulative effect, so if you miss or have to reduce a dose, it shouldn't make a massive difference.

Lots of vibes,

FC x

Also try to get some fluids into him to help things pass through. If you put some water in a bowl and add a dash of boiling to make it luke warm you may find he takes this rather than trying to syringe him any.

Is it okay to mix some narna in with his mushed up pellets to try and get him to eat it? He normally loves banana :love:
I might put a bottle in the run as they only have a bowl, just to give him the option

Please can anyone help me? Sebastian has stopped eating again and I have now run out of recovary food and metaclop. We physically cannot afford £117 just to be seen with no guarentee of getting the meds we need. Sebastian has seen a vet and will be going again tomorow if they are open.
Can anyone bring recovary food and metaclop to me in Wellingborough. I can pay petrol money.

Please do not tell me I need to see a vet, I am 16 and have been told we can't afford this and a dental (which he seems to need)
I've only just seen this. How is he? I use pineapple juice with mine when they stop eating. I have cartons here if you need any +if the vets aren't open tomorrow. Sending vibes to u x

Thankyou Carly, as said in my pm he isn't happy, he appears to be in a lot of pain with his mouth :( deffinatly need to get the vet to look at him under ga. Thankyou for your offer, I will let you know :)

Just given them thier nightime pellets and he is tucking right in :/ what's going on with him?!

once a bunnies gut has stopped for what ever reason, it can take up to two weeks before its back to normal... its a nightmare but they can get better and then 3 days later be back to square one.. take each blip as it comes and it will end at some point.. as if nothing happened :shock:

If I'm reading it right, then he has had pain relief? If that's the case then I would suspect that whatever is going on may be caused by pain and he is now feeling comfortable.

That said Donna is right and the gut can take a long time to settle and get back into normal rhythm.

Poor Sebastian - I do hope you can keep him comfortable until you can get him seen by a vet. Sending vibes. xx

If I'm reading it right, then he has had pain relief? If that's the case then I would suspect that whatever is going on may be caused by pain and he is now feeling comfortable.

That said Donna is right and the gut can take a long time to settle and get back into normal rhythm.

He had his pain meds at 11am this morning which is why this seems to random! He's due another dose at 11 (I split his dose in half because he was constantly in pain before)

he will deffinatly be going to the vet, so weird. I've just had him on the sofa to groom him, he's very frustrated but if I keep putting herbs or what ever in his mouth he eventually realizes what they are and has a quick nibble

Thanks for the vibes :)

Been to the vets and got some metaclop and Zantac. He doesn't think it is a dental problem because he is so up and down, but thinks his food throwing is frustration because he is uncomfortable. He's also told me to up his pain meds :)
I'm going to get some baby food to mix with his pellety mush

Back