• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

would anyone like to help out..pm results type up

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
i have been looking again at dazy-maes post mortem results and got upset again but also when i copied it out by hand as the fax copy is a bit hard to read..poor print...i got side swiped by realising i only knew about half the medical terms/lonmg words!!

i will look em up..honest.

but i was wondering if anybody could and would help me translate a post mortem report into general dumbed down owner level speak...not vet!!

id like to post it here..and link it to dazy-maes story an update on her surviving sister here.

its vital for everyone....billiary coccidia/hepatic coccidia is so different to intestinal..and other health probs were present at pm but not apparent when she saw each vet at home with us or at the fosterers or even the rescue before that.

this bunny was a ticking timebomb and no body knew.....so sad..she was so loveable and in the 3 and a half weeks she was here i fell in love....she was so sweet cuddly but hated the cats and merlin. odd girlie.

her sister stayed with her at vets until we came to have her pts.

so weird is not one of the vets heard crackles in her lungs:? two never took her temp......

the coccidia were not the cause of death but just one more thing she had....the vet who speyed her said her uterine organs were very small and fiddly...she also was very small compared to her sister here.
Why didnt the vet see anything then? is it because things can escalate so fast...i think so ...so does the vets.

id like to thank angie at BARC for letting us adopt the two sisters...tracey for fostering them..kirsty for half the journey and karen for the rest of the way to our house.
its heartbreaking we lost her and were having to treat all my buns just in case...and were fighting merlin to get better....with an unrelated condition. but if it could help anyone else or help us to unerstand what we should have or could have notcied and then relay it to all bun oowners in the health section.
like Ec was not mentioned or much knoiwn about it for so long.

anyone...please let me know.:wave:

Sorry, can't help with the technical terms. You might get a better response if you post this in the Health section? Lots of knowledgeable people post regularly in there and may be able to help :wave:

Debbie you could email it to me if you like? or pop a copy in the post? Provided bubba doesn't turn up too soon I could look at it for you. My medicine is a bit rusty these days but generally human and animal anatomy uses the same terms (for most things... not all!) x

:wave: thank you all.

vicky i think you will have your hands full pretty soon :lol::lol::lol:

i will ask nikki to scan it in...might be tomorrow..im not allowed to touch the printer pmsl..ive been giving off such bad static lately shes scared ill shock the printer...i seem to affect electrical things...always have...and loads of watches:oops:

its terrible..ive found loads of spelling mistakes in the long terms and a few normal ones too...im hoping i dont sound judgemental..but to be a vet...your spelling of a condition or medecines as important as the dosage!!

Back