• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Allen & Page

anamaria

Warren Scout
how long does allen and page usually last till it goes off? was thinking of getting one of the big bags but worried it will go off before my two get through it :?
thanks
zoe

:shock: I didn't realise it had a shelf life! I normally get a big sack and it lasts me a long time. Buns seemed fine with it.. Got me worried now. I am getting toward the end of a sack now but I've had that for god knows how long. ETA, G&T were rock solid on A&P for four years and I used the whole sack over several months. S&W's tums also seem fine on this feed now, after Sprocket's bout of worms back in the summer/autumn. So maybe I'm worrying for nothing.:?

Last edited:
We work out how many grams we feed per day per bun, then divide the weight of the bag by that to see how long it will last for. Then we work out if we will use it in time and go from there :wave:

I use mine beyond the 3 months and I see no ill effects from it being fed beyond the sell by date (poos fine, no stasis etc). I do mix mine with a couple of SS pellets tho so thats why mine lasts a bit longer. Obviously it's your choice and I'm not saying you should feed it beyond the sell by date but just saying I see no ill effects as long as it's stored properly.

I've had the odd sack that has had a 4 month life on it, but generally its 3 months.

I guess its the same as most food, its safe to eat after the BB date, but the nutritional value will decline

I use mine beyond the 3 months and I see no ill effects from it being fed beyond the sell by date (poos fine, no stasis etc). I do mix mine with a couple of SS pellets tho so thats why mine lasts a bit longer. Obviously it's your choice and I'm not saying you should feed it beyond the sell by date but just saying I see no ill effects as long as it's stored properly.

how long after the 3 months have you fed it for? it takes about 2 months for me to get through 10kg, so the 20kg bag would need to last 4 months :? how do you store yours?
thanks

Back