• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My bunnies were in a Magazine !

CharlotteMc

Mama Doe
Hi RU'ers this happened ages about I forgot till just now :) Back in January 2010 I emailed the RSPCA with some pictures of my new bunnies which I had rehomed from them. They emailed me back and asked if I would mind if they could feature them in their kids magazine. The title was 'real life rescues' Penny and Russell had a picture and a peice of writing I wrote in the magazine :) Here is what I had written :

Penny (white and grey dwarf lop, 18 months old) and Russell (white and brown Dutch cross, six months old ) are both adopted from RSPCA Bawtry. I adopted Russell as a companion for Penny after my old rabbit, Alfie, sadly passed away. Russell came in after being abandoned with his brothers and sister. I knew he was the one and chose Russell right away, mainly becasue he was lively and cheeky-looking so would be a good friend to play with naughty, active Penny!

Penny on the other hand came in on her own when she was six months old and went up for adoption as soon as I arrived so wasn't looking for a home for long. Both rabbits are active, adventurous and cheeky. You don't know until you've had rabbit how much character and personality they have.

Thanks RSPCA for these wonderful rabbits - I am glad I came to you for my pets and I recommend that anyone looking for a pet should look at their local RSPCA. These animals need a home and you feel great knowing you have rehomed a pet. Thanks RSPCA for these rabbits who are in their forever home with me.
here is the magazine and the page they were featured in :D

PICT0072.jpg

ooh them bunnies look familier :L
PICT0067.jpg

PICT0068.jpg

Hehe my little Pen adn Russ !!

Last edited:
Aw Congrats! :D x

Which Rspca did you rehome from? (Being nosey 'cos you're fairly local lol). Beautiful bunnies! x

I agree you seem a lot older than that!

I must be from not far from you, North Nottinghamshire... Although I don't live there any more :) Not far fromm Bawtry/Rotherham area :)

ahaa :L I never really thought I sounded older lol, and yeah I go the nottingham alot aswell to visit my family who live there :D

Aww that's so cute! I used to get animal action magazine when I was little :D

Just being nosey though lol... the writing in the magazine isn't the same as the bit you posted on here? Did they change what you wrote? Or am I missing something?:lol::oops:

Aww that's so cute! I used to get animal action magazine when I was little :D

Just being nosey though lol... the writing in the magazine isn't the same as the bit you posted on here? Did they change what you wrote? Or am I missing something?:lol::oops:

Yeah I know i kinda wrote it out again for people on RU so they knew what it says, I didnt copy it word for word :L:L and thanks :D

Back