• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please may we see your bunnies playing?

thumps_

Wise Old Thumper
I'm so happy when Thumper plays, I thought it would make a happy thread for the New Year seeing what your bunnies do too.
Photo's, descriptions & videos of playing bunnies are all welcome.

Here's Thumper with his Hamster toy. He picks it up by the ring at the back & runs around shaking it. Despite the apparent abuse, whenhe accidentally threw it iin his water bowl he rescued it immediately & groomed it dry. He recently started to take it to the litter tray with him.
(Apologies for all the boxes of dried leaves around, & that anything with motion is blurry cos he moves fast!)

DSCF4950-2.jpg

DSCF4951-1.jpg

DSCF4952-1-1.jpg

DSCF4944-1-1.jpg

Awww, I don't think I've seen any pictures of him playing before. :love::love:
Here are a few of Smoo playing with her boxes. I've posted them before but it's still too cute.

DSC00700.jpg

DSC00702.jpg

DSC00704.jpg

Grim doesn't play much any more. :(
He's happy though, this is what he likes to do.

DSC00783.jpg

I always have the video in my signature though, to remind me of better days. :)

Mine dont really do toys as you can tell from this photo...

Photo03532-vi.jpg

We DO do...

Paper shredding...
_IGP1130-vi.jpg

Binky-ing...
_IGP1105-vi.jpg

Treat napping...
Photo0524-vi.jpg

Snow digging...
_IGP0882-vi.jpg

Hay nicking...
_IGP0555-vi.jpg

Hide and seek...
_IGP8746-vi.jpg

Hunt the pellets...
_IGP8567-vi.jpg

Tunnel obstructing...
_IGP8358-vi.jpg

'I'm the queen of the castle', um, ing
_IGP8208-vi.jpg

Chair sitting...
_IGP7404-vi.jpg

And lots of sleeping and eating.

Balls go down well as well but only with treats inside. No treats, no play.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvcifPOKCmw

Pie always runs off too fast before I can photograph her playing but here is afew:

Trying to play with her medication on top of her cage. :roll:
DSC00648.jpg

She loves cardboard boxes
SL271230.jpg

SL271231.jpg

Playing with food - again!
DSC00613.jpg

In her fave tunnell!
SL271227.jpg

Benson playing in the snow, while Lady Lola has a drink and a dainty dig...

Playin in the soil pit and green tunnel..

DSC01144.jpg

Playin in boxes!

DSC01038.jpg

Nommin...

DSC01062.jpg

And best of all ....... snugglin!!

DSC00710-1.jpg

Aww thank you everyone. They're ALL absolutely lovely & I've a big grin all over my face. I want to say lovely things about all of them.:love::love::love::love:

Please don't miss the video of Grimlock playing with the washing folks.
(I make a bee line for your posts Jenova, so I can watch it again! :lol:) All those boxes must be bunny heaven for Smoo. "Oooo WE've got our own warren to run in".

Blackberry & Co's buns, are fantastic, into everything & exploring what it'll do.
Oh Maverick. It's lvely how buns do the unexpected with things. Just so typically rabbit! :love::love:
Pie too, :love::love: I hope his tummy is behaving itself better with his pancreatitis. Lovely to see him.
Ooo I love your buns as well Schuette. Thumper isn't a great one for toys either, he usually loses interest when he's done all he can with them. He loves his string & strip of curtain hem best, & of course his humping toy rabbit. :roll: His big favourites are when I clear out all the junk mail & old papers on the floor, or tidy out a low cupboard.

Thank you so very much every one. are there purchance any more RU buns playing about?

ETA Thank you Bensonlola. Your 2 are a gorgeous pair. I wouldn't like to be behind them when they get going in that soil pit. :lol: Nowonder they need a rest snugglin'.
ETA I'm so sorry I got confused with the 2 buns called Pie. :oops: Pie in Barbados is in the prime of health I believe. Poorly Pie belongs to Jenifina.

Last edited:
Just awake! (taken today and look how much mess I've made!)
Justawake.jpg

What's that?
Whatsthat.jpg

Who me, I didn't do anything!
Whome.jpg

(he looks so dinky in this picture!)

I have loads of blurry pictures of trying to get pictures as he plays!

Aww Jenson he's so adorable.:love: I bet he's a little live wire. I just love his expressive face & ears.
I'm not on RU much these days. What's his name & how old is he?

ETA Oh Spotty bun Milly is gorgeous! I love the way buns play around with anything they can get hold of, or into.

Last edited:
Aww Jenson he's so adorable.:love: I bet he's a little live wire. I just love his expressive face & ears.
I'm not on RU much these days. What's his name & how old is he?

ETA Oh Spotty bun Milly is gorgeous! I love the way buns play around with anything they can get hold of, or into.

Thanks Thumps.
His name is Jenson, he's almost six months (ish). He is totally adorable,:love: of course I'm very biased and he's my first rabbit.
I love Thumper's pictures with his hamster, cute pictures and cute story :love:

Great idea for a thread, bunny pictures make us all smile :D:wave:

Thanks Thumps.
His name is Jenson, he's almost six months (ish). He is totally adorable,:love: of course I'm very biased and he's my first rabbit.
I love Thumper's pictures with his hamster, cute pictures and cute story :love:

Great idea for a thread, bunny pictures make us all smile :D:wave:

Jenson it is. I'd be surprised if you're biased. Thumper is only my 2nd with too many decades gap in between. :oops: He was an out & out emergency rehome & no room in rescues. I'd got the diet & accommodation bit right but was totally unprepared for the personality & high intelligence side.
It was so much like having a young human child around until he grew up!
He's the best thing that ever happened to me!

From the buns I've met & know, I think that they are each individuals personality wise, and absolutely amazing to live with.

Teddy does most of the playing in our house, Rosie most of the racing about!

Teddy playing dead :shock:
playingdead.jpg

In the Christmas paper
tedpaper2.jpg

A binkying Rosie bottie :love:
rosiebinkybum.jpg

It's mine, no it's mine!
bothspadevsmall.jpg

Bouncy bunny bums :love:
bouncybumsvsmall.jpg

Tig:love:
disapprovingrosievsmall.jpg

Peek-a-boo:love::love: (don't know why the first one is huge:oops:)
castlewindow3small.jpg

shoppingtedvsmall.jpg

Snuggling:love:
snugglefacesvsmall.jpg

Awwww thanks Martlou. What a lovely series of photos :love::love:. Rosie & Ted are fantastic. I laughed so much at Rosie's binkying bottie, & the pair both chinning the spade. :lol::lol::lol:

Back