• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Little Ted - U/D - 2 Jan - he's picked up a bit this morning - we have poos!!

martlou

Warren Veteran
Teddy has hardly eaten a thing today. He's lively enough, and has had a few nibbles of the pine cone treat he got for Christmas. We've been massaging his tummy which is still soft and warm, and not making any odd sounds. We've just now syringed some cooled oat water into him (5ml) which he lapped up with out issue which is what the vet told us to do as it gets things moving apparently (and has worked before). If he's not interested in his breakfast he's going straight to the vet. Please everyone keep their fingers crossed for Little Teddy, he's only a baby of 2 :(

Last edited:
Oh no - hope it's nothing too serious! :) xx

Sending ***lots*** of vibes for Teddy - come on - eat some nommy hay for mummy.....

What is this pine cone treat hes eating. Im asking because my buns love the parsley bell treat & Im wondering if its the same treat different shape. Parsley bell seems to be made up of dried parsley & seeds. Munchkin only has to have a small bit of it & he goes into stasis. Just wondering if Teddy's treat is having the same effect

What is this pine cone treat hes eating. Im asking because my buns love the parsley bell treat & Im wondering if its the same treat different shape. Parsley bell seems to be made up of dried parsley & seeds. Munchkin only has to have a small bit of it & he goes into stasis. Just wondering if Teddy's treat is having the same effect

Thanks. The buns got it for Christmas and have been fine all week so I don't think it's that. We've now been to the emergency vet as I was getting really worried about him. She said she could feel some properly formed poos but he wasn't passing them, also that his tummy was a bit distended but not impacted and his heart rate very fast (although she said that was probably because he was anxious of the situation).

Anyway he's had an injection of metaclop and also a painkiller (can't remember the name of this). Since getting him home about 20 mins ago he's had 0.3ml of Zantac syrup and also 10ml of syringed critical care which he seemed to quite enjoy. So, please keep up the eating and pooing vibes. If he's not eating himself by the morning we need to take him back and they will consider admitting him :(. Until then it's syringe feeding every 2 hours, as much as he'll take.

She also checked his teeth and said they looked really good, so no worries there.

Last edited:
Back