• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looks like I am stuck with three single buns.

I have tried- truly I have but the buns here are against me.

Teasel thinks Pumpkin is a male *insert expletive of choice* and attacks him on sight. Pumpkin thinks Doodee is some kind of rabbit eating monster and attacks her on sight whilst trying to make idiotic come hither noises at Teasel that just get her rattling her bars and growling at him.

Doodee and Teasel cannot stand each other and will not share to the point they will wee on any place they can smell the other has been. The way they pace if they see each other looks like they are working out were to nail the other- its not friendly in its stance that is for sure.

Teasel is elderly and starting to show her age so she is now in my office. Pumpkin has been evicted as Teasel widdled where he had been.

Pumpkin who has poor sight that causes havoc with making bun friends has the kitchen and dining room to mess about in. The floor is washable there so thats better for both of us.

Doodee whose a bit crazy on her good days has staked out the hall and lounge and is now eyeing up the stairs.

Thats it because they will not share my house is at bun capacity and it dopes not matter my son tried to talk me into taking two more from someone who he thinks should not have pets I have no space to put them in my house withjout world war three breaking out between rabbits.

Roll on the better weather and having enough day light time to build extra fox proof pens.:roll:

I have 3 single buns too. I had a pair and Bungle was meant to be a foster but I couldnt let him go. i wanted to bond him into my pair but it caused my two to fall out. Snowdrop is now incredibly aggressive to all over rabbits and lunges at them at first sight. Strawbs is too bossy and just bullys Bungle so I have ended up with 3 singles.

Not ideal but they are well looked after, have plenty of space and toys and are very happy bunnies.

Becky,

We both know you can do your best but buns will be buns and sometimes they just do not like each other no matter what you try to enocuarge a friendship. Pumpkin is having a ball making new escape routes from his box and digging tunnels through his pile of hay and raiding my fridge if I forget he is right behind my legs when I get the milk out.

Becky,

We both know you can do your best but buns will be buns and sometimes they just do not like each other no matter what you try to enocuarge a friendship. Pumpkin is having a ball making new escape routes from his box and digging tunnels through his pile of hay and raiding my fridge if I forget he is right behind my legs when I get the milk out.

Ive just replied to your PM :love: All i can say is you are the perfect owner for Pumpkin and i really appreciate everything your doing for him. It certainly sounds like hes keeping you on your toes! :lol: x

Sophia,

Do not let my horrors but you off.

All the rabbits I have here at the moment are 'special needs' so that adds an extra bit of spark in bonding.

Doodee was a neglect/cruelty case. She was rescued underweight, crawling with vermin and badly bruised. I have my own ideas how her ear is badly scarred- looks like an old ciggie burn. :censored:
Her previous owner maintained the problem was not her fault it was all because the rabbit bit - cannot think why. :evil: She was rehomed to us as a very special rehoming case with lots of extra needs due to ongoing severe behavioural problems and aggression. The RSPCA did all they could to get her physically healthy but they could not help her become a family pet the mental scarring she has is deep. Our vets think she is now healthy but her experience has left her the wrong side of sane. Currently she is behaving like a cat. :shock:

Teasel has the very worst bits of the inbred nethie temperament but looks gorgeous and fluffy. She was a child's pet until she had a very good go at eating said child who needed sticthes and her parents. We had her as the alternative for her was PTS. She is one aggresive, territorial and very grumpy girl. She has cost me a fortune in vets fees from getting into fights with bigger rabbits, cats and dogs over the years.

Pumpkin has poor sight and some dental issues with a young buck maniac streak. Its his sight that seems to scupper his ability to respond correctly to other buns body language.

Its is possible to have a bonded trio- have had one of those twice in the past- but get advice in the bonding section of this forum on how to go about it.

I would also suggest contacting a rescue who could help with bonding your current rabbits with an extra third to ensure you have a group who like each other.

I think it may also be easier to bond if your not trying to bond a group of rabbits with significant health/ behavioural issues.

Its certainly not something to rush into so get some informed advice so you can make the right choice for you and your buns. :wave:

Hi Becky,

I think that daft bun is not so much trying to keep me on my toes as trip me over. He keeps doing four foot binkies around my feet. I have now called it 'Dance of the dying rabbit' because if he does not slow down he will cause a scene reminiscent of 'Simons cat' when that cat is after food. :love:

Back