• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Biting

Tasmin's MOB

Mama Doe
hello,

happy new year to you all!

I have noticed that my new bun Tilly does a lot of nibbling/ chewing (carpets, chairs, sofa, boxes, cage bars...) and she did a lot of fur pulling towards bernard during first couple of weeks of bonding.
She seems to have settled a bit with the fur pulling but i have noticed than when I stroke her and cuddle her she will sit happily for a while crunching her teeth and enjoying it but then... she bites me :shock:

I think she does the same to bernard too...

She doesn't seem to do it really hard and sometimes she does it to my sleeve and tries to fling my arm around but other times she seems to just bite me anywhere :?

Is it just when she gets bored of being stroked and is trying to say 'had enough now mummy' or is she saying 'go away you stupid woman I hate being stroked!' ??

I'm a little confused :?

Hi again :)

As I have had no replies yet I am going to assume that Tilly is doing it to say 'I have had enough now' as she seems very happy and comes up to me for attention all the time (way more than bernard does) and will sit for a while haing cuddles before she does bite me.

I also think she is a very bitey bun anyway as she seems to chew at anything and everything. Still I would rather her chew than wee everywhere like she was doing! Finally managed to train her to use the litter tray so I;m very happy about this! :D

ETA: it also explains why her name was Nibblet when she lived at the RSPCA!! :lol:

Back