• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another giant question

molly35

Mama Doe
How do you transport your giant, not only in the car but if they don't like to be picked up how do you take them to where you want them to be?

we had a french lop who HATED being picked up...god knows what the previous owner did to her:cry: ...we taught her that the carrier was a fantastic place:D by placing treats in there..leaving the door open and leaving the carrier out all the time so she could come in or out as she pleased. she then would get in the carrier any time:D
try this and shutting the door for a min or two when the bun gets comfy with being in there.... then when the bun is happy with that pick up the carrier and walk around the house then let them out... this gets them gradually used to the carrier rather than just being shoved in for vet trips;)

My pair of contis have a rather large carrier for going to the vets etc.

They're fine in it, but it puts my back out every time. Its quite difficult to pick up 15kg with one hand!

Luckily mine are fine being handled so when I need to groom or check them I just pick them up.
Ra will bite my shoulder if I'm not quick though!

I have a french lop who I found stray on the streets, amazingly he is soo friendly its unbeleivabke but he ravels in a plastic pet carrier measuring, 22x 16 x 16 inches :) I also transport my bonded dwarf lop and dutch in this so is very sturdy, I cam PM you the link if you like it was only £18 :)

Back