• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

poor belle belle U/D

tinkabellswish

Warren Scout
my poor belle has got and abscess in her mouth but it has come up ever so quick she was fine last night, let her out this morning and notice she was not her normal self so checked her over and has a big lump at side on her mouth looks like we are going to the vets asap,
:(:(:(:( what a way to start the new year :(

Last edited:
Poor little sweetheart - hope she'll be ok :( I loathe abscesses with a passion :evil:

Sending her lots & lots of vibes xxx

could she die from it i couldent cope if she did i love that but to bits :cry:

Abscesses can be very difficult to treat in bunnies - however a lot of them are treatable & successful with the right treatment :) I would be tempted to get into your vets as soon as you can to have her checked - they may decide surgery is the best form of treatment, or may decide to treat with antibiotics first. It all depends on where the abscess is & what has caused it etc.

We've had 3 bunnies with jaw abscesses this year - all which were removed & thankfully successful for 2 of them :) Our 3rd bunny who had a jaw abscess removed, has recently had one now removed from the base of his ear :cry:

Is your vet rabbit savvy? If not then you may wish to find a vet who is more experienced with bunnies.

Good luck & let us know how Belle goes on xxx

Abscesses can be very difficult to treat in bunnies - however a lot of them are treatable & successful with the right treatment :) I would be tempted to get into your vets as soon as you can to have her checked - they may decide surgery is the best form of treatment, or may decide to treat with antibiotics first. It all depends on where the abscess is & what has caused it etc.

We've had 3 bunnies with jaw abscesses this year - all which were removed & thankfully successful for 2 of them :) Our 3rd bunny who had a jaw abscess removed, has recently had one now removed from the base of his ear :cry:

Is your vet rabbit savvy? If not then you may wish to find a vet who is more experienced with bunnies.

Good luck & let us know how Belle goes on xxx

im with beechwood veterinary hospital in doncaster bawtry road
so im sure they should no what to do she is sill eating but not as much and i don't have a clue what could of caused it, i will get her booked in asap and let you all no thank you to all

im with beechwood veterinary hospital in doncaster bawtry road
so im sure they should no what to do she is sill eating but not as much and i don't have a clue what could of caused it, i will get her booked in asap and let you all no thank you to all

If it's on her jaw, it might be her teeth or maybe even just a small puncture wound that's got infected. With Libby's jaw abscess we think it was a piece of hay that punctured the inside of her mouth & then became infected resulting in a jaw abscess :(

Hope Belle goes on ok xxx

Back