• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RU meet Roo!

chul

Staff member
2011-01-01135608.jpg

2011-01-01135616.jpg

2011-01-01135658.jpg

2011-01-01135810.jpg

We collected him today off Preloved. This is his cage as he came, we will be modifying it to make it better. He has no box to sleep in / hide and minimal hay, which has now changed!

Aww whe is lovely. Is that how they kept him wih no house or toys or anything? poor little chap bet you cant wait to start changing things for him :D

He's adorable. :love:
That's a good cage though, it's the one I used to have until three little ladies destroyed it. :lol:

My advice for now would be get to a hardware store like Homebase when you can and buy some untreated pine shelves, some big metal washers and some screws. Cut the wood to the size you want, drill some holes for the screws and then screw in with the washers on the outside of the cage. If that makes any sense at all....

May as well keep the wire floors in for now and just put a few wooden shelves in too. I would personally remove the ramps and make wooden ledges up to each level. They love the same toys as rabbits, cardboard tubes and boxes with hay, willow balls etc. But as someone mentioned on the other thread wooden parrot toys are great too. Try not to get anything with string as they can eat it can get stuck and cause problems. But I have had string and wood toys and just checked to make sure the string wasn't getting eaten.

Lots of updates please. :wave:

Aww whe is lovely. Is that how they kept him wih no house or toys or anything? poor little chap bet you cant wait to start changing things for him :D

Yep, empty cage with one block of wood in a corner to chew on and a food bowl. They have provided us with a sandbath too. The hayrack was on the outside so no wonder he didn't eat much hay, it was too hard to get too :(

He's adorable. :love:
That's a good cage though, it's the one I used to have until three little ladies destroyed it. :lol:

My advice for now would be get to a hardware store like Homebase when you can and buy some untreated pine shelves, some big metal washers and some screws. Cut the wood to the size you want, drill some holes for the screws and then screw in with the washers on the outside of the cage. If that makes any sense at all....

May as well keep the wire floors in for now and just put a few wooden shelves in too. I would personally remove the ramps and make wooden ledges up to each level. They love the same toys as rabbits, cardboard tubes and boxes with hay, willow balls etc. But as someone mentioned on the other thread wooden parrot toys are great too. Try not to get anything with string as they can eat it can get stuck and cause problems. But I have had string and wood toys and just checked to make sure the string wasn't getting eaten.

Lots of updates please. :wave:

Thank you! For now, we have put some cardboard on the shelves so he can have a break from the mesh. Will get wood tomorrow when everywhere is open, and toys too!

Yep, empty cage with one block of wood in a corner to chew on and a food bowl. They have provided us with a sandbath too. The hayrack was on the outside so no wonder he didn't eat much hay, it was too hard to get too :(

Some people have no clue. :evil:
At least he's with you now.

Some people have no clue. :evil:
At least he's with you now.

They really did think they were doing what was right :roll: Hes about 3 years old bless him, he is super friendly though and they let him out everyday and handled him well.

Hes now sat all huddles with his legs tucked under him on the cardboard :D

The hayrack was on the outside... Eh?! :?:shock:

It's great that he's already so friendly :love:

At least he's been loved. He probably just doesn't know what to do with toys. I'm sure in a few days he'll start to play with them. If he's had an empty cage for three years he's probably just a bit freaked out that it has stuff in it. He sounds like such a cutie. :)

At least he's been loved. He probably just doesn't know what to do with toys. I'm sure in a few days he'll start to play with them. If he's had an empty cage for three years he's probably just a bit freaked out that it has stuff in it. He sounds like such a cutie. :)

He is. He had a run about or living room too! Tricky to catch though!
I wasn't to keen about getting one, but nor he is here a must admit I like him!! :love:

Awwh im glad you managed to get him :) Hes adorable :love: Its good hes already tame. Feel so sorry for him having to live in that cage with no where to hide :( Thank god hes safe with you now. Do keep us updated :) xx

Back