• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried about Toffee

LilVicky

Warren Veteran
Hey Ru'ers,

I am starting to get worried about our Toff, for some reason the other three seem to have made him an outcast? It started i think Thursday when we noticed his fur out in the garden... and the other three were distant from him :?

In the mornings Daisy, Fuzzy and George will be all together while Toffee sits alone. George then joins him when theres food :roll: but only to eat his breakfast.

And this morning Toffee really wanted a fuss... lots of noserubs and attention, he usually doesnt like much attention or noserubs, so i know he just isnt right... he looks unhappy :cry:

My mum just went out in the garden to give him some broccoli(sp) as he is sitting out there all alone looking sorry for himself :( He reached his head forward to her wanting noserubs :cry: He usually just runs off :cry:

Im sure they have just had an argument or something but i really feel for him.
I am going to keep very close eye on them all as ive heard they can pick on one who is unwell, but he seems ok in health but i wont rule that out yet :(

My poor boy :cry: I feel so sad watching him sit on his own.

If you have any other ideas on what could be wrong please feel free to suggest. I just want them to all be friends again :roll: :(

I would suggest a vet check would be the first port of call before starting to look for environmental reasons and factors and trying to repair the bond.

Could he be ill :? as rabbits pick up if another one is ill and do this sometimes.

Thats what i was thinking, i did mention it to my mum too.
But im going to keep an eye on him, he seems healthy, eating, toileting, drinking etc

He isnt showing any signs of illness... Im hoping its just a fall out and they will sort it out. :(

He is still acting himself, its nearly bedtime so i am going to give him a full check over with mum before giving them their dinner.

Fingers crossed tomorrow will be better for him :love:

Rabbits often know things before we do, so I suspect that they are aware of soemthing that may not be yet noticeable to people.

However, if you think it is a fall out then take them on a car journey and reduce their space and then they are settled and happy for 48 hours then start to increase again.

Well we checked him over and we couldnt find anything wrong... he was completely himself too.

I put him back and gave them their dinner, i stood back and watched for about 5 minutes and saw George nip Toffee's ear... He didnt catch it or anything.

George is abit of a pig when it comes to food :oops: Toffee also likes his food but not as much as George... do you think it could be food related instead?

I am going to try scatter feeding instead of two bowls and see how it goes. They are all trying to get round one bowl instead of splitting up and sharing one bowl between two etc. So i think scatter feeding could solve that problem too :roll:

yes i would try scatter feeding :? but maybe changing things around if possible in their hutch/pen/run like toys beds littertrays etc . this works on fish:shock: if they are fighting ...it confuses them abit so that they stop fighting:D maybe an extra littertray ,more toys etc each so that they dont have to share.. have you tried a treatball for their mix? if they had one each it might stop the fighting at mealtimes:D
i hope they all get on again soon:D

Thanks for the replys.

They seem to have calmed down today, still not interacting with toffee like usual but they have improved :D

I have started to scatter feed, so far so good :thumb:

If things are the same tomorrow then im going to put them back in the bonding crate for an hour or so till they settle again.

I think its all to do with ranks... Fuzzy is boss and George is trying to be higher than Toffee as i saw him nip him... and today Fuzzy nipped George into place etc etc :roll:

So hopefully it will all settle down when ranks are sorted :wave:

Back