• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fireworks

Smudge: "Aw Milo, they've just started here. Mummeh's been worried about me all day but so far I am nots bovvered. I just twitches ma ears. A door closing, on the ovver hand, is vewy scary!"

Someone in the town houses opposite were setting them off a few minutes ago. I was seriously scared they were going to hit us. Didn't seem to both Bubbles the hamster but Milo looked a little scared.

Just watched the fireworks on TV from Edinburgh ... and now they've started here. Spenser wasn't bothered by the November ones so hopefully he'll be fine. :wave:

note: hes sitting on her head :roll:[/QUOTE]

:shock: Maybe he thinks that the fireworks would get him first and thus protecting her :lol:

And here - and there's a whole load of those Chinese Lantern thingies and I am scared in case they fall in the garden :( or in the woods

I've just seen some going across and just hope they don't land on the roof or in the park. But on the other hand it would bring the firemen :)

We had hardly any fireworks here, yet in previous years its been a nightmare, but luckily none of mine are particularly bothered by them anyhow.

We saw about 50+ chinese lanterns though - they were very pretty and can imagine it must look wonderful when there are hundreds of them.
I had hoped they'd get them banned because of them spooking and injuring cattle and wildlife though.

We had hardly any fireworks here, yet in previous years its been a nightmare, but luckily none of mine are particularly bothered by them anyhow.

We saw about 50+ chinese lanterns though - they were very pretty and can imagine it must look wonderful when there are hundreds of them.
I had hoped they'd get them banned because of them spooking and injuring cattle and wildlife though.

I don't understand the Chinese lantern trend. Why would you send a flame into the sky not knowing if it will do any damage? So many fields took hits from these in the summer. I think they are irresponsible and worse than littering.

My foster bun, the beautiful Flemish Giant, Ruby, has been in stress induced stasis after the fireworks & barking dogs here on New Years Eve.
She spent all of New Years Day & the night of the 1st at the emergency vets having the necessary treatment & is now back home pooing & eating again but still not quite her self.
Its been very worrying :(
I love her so much that I will be a failed foster for sure!

My foster bun, the beautiful Flemish Giant, Ruby, has been in stress induced stasis after the fireworks & barking dogs here on New Years Eve.
She spent all of New Years Day & the night of the 1st at the emergency vets having the necessary treatment & is now back home pooing & eating again but still not quite her self.
Its been very worrying :(
I love her so much that I will be a failed foster for sure!

Our Little Ted has been the same. The vet suggested the fireworks, which I didn't think so as they've never been bothered before. However, we actually went to bed early at 10.45 so when the fireworks went off, the normal background noise (us, the tv) wasn't there. So now I'm thinking it could well have been the fireworks. He was totally fine when we went to bed on NYE then not eating all day NYD. Emergency vet last night, 2 hourly critical care through the night, eating and pooing today so fingers crossed for both our bunnies, and any others out there, that they continue to improve.

Back