• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Width vs Length of run!

sarahsarah

Warren Scout
If you had a choice between a 6 x 4 foot run or a 3 x 9 foot which would you choose, and why?

To explain, I have a strip of concrete just over 3 feet wide, not really a path as it doesn't really lead to anything lol. Wondering about putting a run there instead which would leave patio free which I'd prefer.. This would be coming out of the side of my hutch/run thingy..

Thanks, can't think of any disadvantages to be honest! Apart from not being able to run around in huge circles, but when my lawn stops being a muddy bog they'll have time out on there too lol.

I'd go for the long one. While my spare room and the landing probably have about the same area, they binky and love running on the landing cos it's longer and thinner.

Ok thanks everyone, I now only have 2 problems... there is no door on that side of the hutch/run thingy... and also the pathway is on a slight slope upwards, but the bit the hutch is on is flat so I'm not sure how the run would fit up against the hutch. I'll have a think!

Use a tunnel to go from hutch to run then you don't need to match them up perfectly :)

Back