• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter choices

jenzel5

Mama Doe
So I have a litter question. I am sure this has been asked before but litter is too popular a word so thought I would ask. So...
I was using the wood based cat litter for a long time but switched. I then made my first order of megazorb. I was very much impressed with the size of the bag and how long it lasts and also the price. I then tried back 2 Nature as it looked a bit better but I got the 20L bag and it went so quickly I was rather disappointed. I am now thinking of trying the bed o linum but that looks so expensive compared to megazorb and was wondering if they were very similar anyway.
I want a good litter that aborbs well and also absorbs the smell. Lucy absolutely stinks!!!!
What are people's opinions on the matter please?
The megazorb is £7.70 for 85L bag! :shock:
I paid £9.99 for 20L bag of Back 2 Nature
Bed o linum is £14.99 for 35L bag.

Megazorb looks like the best choice but does it absorb smell the best???

I use Aubiose, which I can pick up locally £7.99 for a huge sack.

I started with Carefresh - :censored:ing expensive!!!!!

Megazord is goo, but I had to order it online and the delivery was expensive, but I think I like the Aubiose better now as it smells nicer :)

I use Aubiose, which I can pick up locally £7.99 for a huge sack.

I started with Carefresh - :censored:ing expensive!!!!!

Megazord is goo, but I had to order it online and the delivery was expensive, but I think I like the Aubiose better now as it smells nicer :)

Thanks for that. I haven't even heard of that one. Might go and have a look in an equine shop we have here. Never really thought to look. Would be good to be able to nip to a shop and get it. I have to make an order with the Hay experts anyway though as ran out of fenugreek crunchies, whoopsies! :wave:

When I had my buns outside I would use Hemcore, it smelt lovely :D And my buns were never smelly so it absorbed the smells well.

I used to get it from my local pet/farm shop for £9.99 for a huge block and it would last me for months.
You can buy it online too from horse suppliers and from equine canine feline (I think!)

Thanks. I have been trying to stay away from the wood based litter though as it can be dangerous if they eat it although I had no problems with it when I used it. I am just very paranoid!

I thought wood base was ok?
What happens if they eat it?
I thought it was just cat litter that was clumping was dangerous:?

I thought wood base was ok?
What happens if they eat it?
I thought it was just cat litter that was clumping was dangerous:?

Well I was using the wood based litter that expanded when came in to contact with fluids so it can be dangerous if they ingest it then it expands in their tummies.

We're big fans of Megazorb TBH. Economical when you have as many bunnies & piggies as we do!

:wave: I can see how megazorb is economical for rescues. I might just stick with it then. I will go and have a look in the equine shop and see if there is anything for a good price but if not I will go for megazorb. Seems to last a long time! :)

:wave: I can see how megazorb is economical for rescues. I might just stick with it then. I will go and have a look in the equine shop and see if there is anything for a good price but if not I will go for megazorb. Seems to last a long time! :)

I meant personally, rather than at the rescue. Discovering Megazorb was one of the best things we did! ;) x

I used to use that wood pellets but I (a) got suspicious that Mischa was eating it and (b) found it heavy. I've never tried back to nature or bed'o'linoum (sp?) cos I find megazorb works so well for us.

Back