• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Everyones Rabbit Setups- Please post here...Indoor and Outdoor Buns!

Ambience

Warren Veteran
Hi all,

I'd love to see pictures of everyones rabbits setups- big or small- or in between.

If you have separate hutch and runs- can you just post the hutch and runs in separate photos.

How ideal is your setup now? How do you hope to improve it in the future? Can it be improved? Any advice you can give on creating the perfect setup? Any Reasons you can give for why you haven't got the ideal setup right now- money, time, space issues etc.

What your dream home would look like for your bunnies if you had unlimited resources. How happy you are in general with your bunnies lifestyle?

How much learning is left to do and how much could be improved upon?

General overview of your current setups , how you manage and what the plans are for the future :)

Thanks alot.

p.s No critiquing on this thread please- just an informative position on where people are now and where they would like to be. Thankyou.

Last edited:
Space issues. I am loving the kennel/run I have just bought though I am finding with use small things I would add like a shelf to sit on (the buns not me), hidey/bedroom (got my trixie one in at the minute), closeable door between kennel and run and maybe small window in kennel bit to let in some light.

My other main issue is the grass runs, would love much bigger ones but I like to move them round the garden so the grass is munched all over not just in one spot. Again space is the issue.

NewquayAnarchyandSafariPark232.jpg

Picture054.jpg

IMGP1280.jpg

His main base is the conservatory which leads directly into the kitchen (no door). He has access to everywhere when we are home and the conservatory/kitchen, hall, stairs and landing when we are in bed or at work :D

For me, I have the ideal setup :D The conservatory leads directly to the garden so Louie can freerange outside when someone is home.

I find having a totally freerange rabbit rewarding and very easy to look after. Change the littertray everyday, sweep up any bits of hay/food and that's it :D

My favourite of my outdoor enclosures is the aviaries (I have 4 of these):

DSCF0762.jpg

This is my indoor rabbit room. I like to use mesh panels to create pens...they are very lightweight and easy to move around to clean, etc. The floor is lino so it doesn't matter if the buns pee on it:

DSCF1875.jpg

I just posted these in a different thread but this is where Jack and Hollie live - it's a full-height 4x4ft shed with a full-height 9x5ft aviary attached. They have access to all of it 24/7. :) x

RabbitShedFinished111.jpg

RabbitShedFinished015.jpg

They have the whole yard they have to free-range in (it's fully bunny proofed!) -

RabbitShedFinished092.jpg

RabbitShedFinished093.jpg

Am I happy with it? - Yes very much so. Am also very pleased that we insulated the shed given the horrendous weather we've had.

What would I change? - I still wonder sometimes if we should have got a larger shed. Not a problem in summer but with the terrible weather we've had they've spent a fair amount of time in the shed.

Future plans include - a tube off the yard to a run on the lawn and some sort of (( Runaround )) set-up. This way they could graze on the lawn and have a change of scenery but they could access it by themselves. The garden isn't safe for them to free-range in.

Also may set our brick shed up as winter accommodation at some point. It has a double glazed window so should be warmer and it's bigger than their usual shed. It also has electrics so we could put a small heater in it for the worst weather. They would have a cat-flap on to the yard when we were at home.

I can't get a wide view very easily of my room but my lops have this as their base...

Photo0456-vi.jpg

and this to get to the bed...

Photo0480-vi.jpg

My lionheads live here...

View from the doorway...

_IGP1148-vi.jpg

View from the ottoman...

_IGP1149-vi.jpg

Sorry to cheat but I've put links to the threads I did about mine, which you are welcome to look through:

This is Twinkle and Star's set-up. They have a 7 x 4 shed, which contains their 4x4x2 hutch, they are never locked in to the hutch, they have the run of the shed all night. Attached to this is an 8 x 4 run that they have access to for about 15-16 hours per day. They also get free-range time (mainly weekends at the moment). The ideal for them would be a shed attached to a large full-height aviary. Space and money is the main thing that prevents this. I would love to have way more space and way more grass for them all :( and more time.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=205014&highlight=twinkle+shed

This is Fay and Kenco's set-up. It was made from scratch by my OH, it is an 8 x 4 kennel, with an additional upper mezzanine level. The run is also 8 x 4 and they have 15-16 hours access per day to the run, at night they have the run of the kennel. They also get free-range time. I would like for them to have fullheight runs too like T&S but their run is a bit higher than T&S' run. Ideally Fay and Kenco would still be housebunnies but Kenco has toileting issues :oops:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=250402&highlight=kenco

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=236894&highlight=kenco

And this is Muesli and Starbuck's home for now. They have a 4 x 4 pen with a 4 x 2 base inside. They have free-range time whenever we are home. They will have the whole room once we have worked out Muesli's urine problems. I hate them not having the whole room right now :cry: but they will one day soon. Starbuck had our long lounge to himself when he was a single bun, and the ideal would be to have them both down here, free-ranging all day every day (it is bunny-proofed).

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=256871&highlight=starbuck+muesli

But I would love to have a much bigger garden and have lots of binky space, roaming space and a couple of aviaries and oh well we might as well throw in a garage or some other outbuildings.... :D

I have a 6ft x 2ft x 2ft hutch and a 5ft x 5ft x 2ft run unattached.
(these are old photos, so they do look slighly different in terms of layout and amount of hay).

DSCF36061-1.jpg

DSCF18221-2.jpg

Setups can always be improved, like buying a hutch and run combo, or getting them a shed, but I'm happy with their setup at the moment. When the hutch or run breaks down or becomes unusable, then I'll think about investing in a hutch and run combo, but for the moment, I'm leaving it as it is. :)

Back