• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bringing the buns in for one night

is it okay for me to do this? Heating will be off.

Don't want them outside with the fireworks (and id like a bit of company to see the new year in with :) )

Don't see why it would be a problem as long as it's not too warm :) I bring my buns in and out and they're fine so long as it's cool :)
just listen out for any panting or heavy breathing :)

Yes I think it will be fine, we are bringing Murphy in for the night, just turning heating off in room where he will be. We have done this before on several occasions and he has been ok.:) Our other two bunnies are in the house already.

Yes it's fine- this is no problem with buns that are healthy- if poorly- depends on the condition- I'd never change a snuffle buns environment quickly like that unless it was impossible not too( I'd keep them in permanently once brought inside). Dental buns tend to be fine in my experience at change ( Put them out the following day), any bun with any kind of infections I'd keep an eye on also ( probably not change the environment- except to bring in and keep in permanently, but generally yes it's fine to bring them indoors and put them out again for just one night like you would after anesthetic for example.

I'm bringing Inky and Smokey into the conservatory tonight. There are usually fireworks around us and I will sleep safer knowing they're indoors and it's easier to check them.

There is no heating in the conservatory (unless I put it on), so it will about the same temperature as their shed anyway.

Our two are coming in soon, and can go back out at about 1am when the danger of fireworks is over.
It's nice and cool by the back door ( so much so that water bottles left there overnight froze on one of the very cold nights we had :( ) and we'll leave the radiator off.

Back