• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boarding Needed...U/D exciting developments!

VikkiVet

Mama Doe
Hi, does anyone know anywhere I could foster/board my trio for about 3 1/2 months from beginning of February?

Because of vet school commitments I am up and down the country constantly during that time and entirely for the buns' sake I dont want to be dragging them around between places and constantly unsettling them.

They are outdoor buns but dont mind being indoors, as long as they get lots of exercise. As I am on a student income (and vet school isnt cheap!) I cant afford standard boarding fees (about £20 a day most places it seems) - I can probably pay around £50 per month (negotiable) and provide their food, hay, megazorb etc so there would be no "expenses" in caring for them. Alternatively, I could buy a new hutch or shed and run of equivalent total value so that whoever looks after them then has a new set-up for future foster buns.

Please PM me if anyone knows anywhere/anyone suitable - preferably within a couple of hours drive of hertfordshire or gloucestershire.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi,

I know a very good person in northamptonshire. She owns a rabbit rescue but does boarding as well. She can keep indoor or outdoor rabbits and her prices are very low. She charges £25 for one week! Or £30 for two! I think this boarding is brilliant.

This is her website:

http://www.rabbitrescue.co.uk

No - unless a purchase one for you as described above. And YES, you may not steal my rexes!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Forget it then!!! :lol:

On a serious note if you dont get any better offers they could always come here if they bring their own hutch run combo and I promise to give them back. Hope you find somewhere that you dont need to do that though and fingers crossed that you can still see them :D

I live in a small village in Cambridgeshire (we are on the Cambs/Hertfordshire border, so nearly in Herts!) Have a large garden and its nice and quiet here, there are only fields behind us.

I could possibly look after them for you for the 3 months. I wouldn't want to be paid for it though, just have the bunnies things brought.

I have just brought my pair inside so I have a large-ish cage outside still (without any occupants of course!) would just need to sort out a run really.

But if I can help then just let me know.

x

oh ps....I know I'm not an official border/fosterer but just thought I'd offer in case I could help :)

Last edited:
If you get stuck, give me a shout. I don't want to offer straight off for various reasons, but if you do end up in a bit of a pickle let me know and I'm sure we can sort something :)

I feel awful. All i can offer is a shed which isnt yet lined. I could easily sort the new roofing felt (it isnt urgent anyway, just wanted it re-felting before my kids went back outside as the shed has moved house etc with us). If you dont get any other offers we will have them :) I could do with a 6x2 double hutch! They could stay then! xx

Aww Becky don't worry, you know they always want to go to their Auntie first! But I don't want to put you out and create massive of work for you for my terrible ratbags!

Anyhew, I have plans afoot with Alice ;)

(and when I have a salary i'll buy you a nice hutch for your fosters....)

Aww Becky don't worry, you know they always want to go to their Auntie first! But I don't want to put you out and create massive of work for you for my terrible ratbags!

Fosters... does that mean your little devils for when they want to come and stay? :love::love: They are the most comical rabbits ever, Dan said to Ronnie he had to move to his nans so the circus bunnies could come and stay :lol: xx

Fosters... does that mean your little devils for when they want to come and stay? :love::love: They are the most comical rabbits ever, Dan said to Ronnie he had to move to his nans so the circus bunnies could come and stay :lol: xx

yeah "fosters" might be a lose term with me and you! Though it does say on the adoption contract that if I cannot adequately house them they HAVE to be returned to you!!! (temporarily!)

As a vet i dont think i'll ever have the time for my own foster buns, so I plan to foster vicariously through people like you! I shall reserve the right to come for cuddles whenever I like and steal them away :lol::lol::lol::lol:

And yes, they are hilarious! I should earn some extra money in street entertainment!

Oh if that is Alice at Windwhistle I can plan a bunnynapping trip when we volunteer again in the New Year :p

Hoppy Holidays is run by Di (hoppy-holidays.co.uk) and she's amazing. She's a god friend of Alice's at Windwhistle's too. Mine went there while I was in India.

Well, Alice at Windwhistle's and I have been plotting...... I am going to buy her a 6' x 4' shed (thanks to the bargain link someone posted :D :thumb:) and adapt it for bunny residence and build a run out of aviary panels.

Then my buns will live in it while i am away on placements, then Alice can keep it for future rescue bunnies - it will be awesome for big bunnies or groups! :D

I am so excited, this is the perfect solution to the problem and more bunnies will benefit in the future! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Back