• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Warm enough?

Livi

Alpha Buck
Another thread yes...:roll:

Picked my buns up from Boarding today, weather much nicer than it has been....have completely gutted their hutch out while away and re-done it all...

Now it was about -2 in the week they left, it is now about 5/6 degress...

Before they had, vetbed, some scattered straw, snuggle safe & deep litter tray full of hay n straw upstairs....carpet and a good few inches of thick hay bedded down downstairs....plus hutch cover, fleece blanket and 1 extra layer covering front!

Now they have, some scattered soft shredded paper bedding, snuggle safe & deep litter tray full of hay n straw upstairs....carpet and a piece of vetbed downstairs....plus hutch cover, fleece blanket on front....

Will they be warm enough with their slightly adjusted set up?! Dont really want the thick deep layer of hay building up again downstairs as it became really damp underneath and their woodroll which was buried underneath had gone mouldy :shock: which I freaked out at, as prior to v cold snap I had never used hay as deep bedding before and always thoroughly cleaned out and replenished weekly - but decided to let it build up to keep it cosy :roll: which it did but then got yuk!!

I know we have cold temps ahead by the weekend, and I will readjust and re-vamp as required....but just wondered if current stuff is ok for tonights low of 4 degress? They seem very happy but I always worry!!!!!!

Well my Thumper has a cardboard box filled with hay bedding inside his "sleeping area" section in his hutch and is perfectly happy and keeps lovely and warm. I do have a hutch covers and a blanket between though. I'd say they'd be fine, I think we worry to much at times :D They're still wild after all. Though I'm sure they'd love a hot water bottle regardless. I love hot water bottles haha :)

Back