• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my foster bun

unalakey

Mama Doe
Im fostering a bun from Paws for Kids, dont know his back ground as everything is confidential, he is 8 yrs old and kept in a small hutch, since fostering him i have tried to give him a better existence (rather than his 4ft hutch) i put him in a run but he seemed to freeze and get stressed :( i have moved him into my own hutch (top floor of a three storey) it has room to periscope (something his own hutch does not allow) and more mesh to look out, he was quite territorial when he first came, biting and grunting, but after a week and half he is fab, when i open the door he puts his head down for rubs, takes treats from my hand:), he is going back to his own home soon as it was only short term fostering, wish i could keep him for his twilight years, dont know whether i have done him more harm than good putting him in bigger accomadation knowing that he has to go back to his small hutch:(
This is my first foster and im so attached :(

I would have done the same too!:D

Can I ask - how can he go back to such small accomadation? Surely its against the law to keep animals in an environment where they can show normal behaviour?
Just curious - as it would be great if you could ensure he had more space...after 8 years thats terribly sad...:cry:

Back