• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snoopy is home from the vets!

xkaytix

Warren Scout
He is back again from the vets. They have been amazing with him :love::love::love:.

They think he might have something called Coccidiosis. He had blood tests etc and they think that this may be the cause of his poorlyness.

I have no idea how he may have gotten it because he is cleaned out regularly and well looked after.

He has lots of medication to make him better :)

Glad you have him home and hope the treatment is successful with him. There is a thread about the disease, which can be very serious, in the 'health' section of 'rabbit care discussion.'

Thank you :). Just had a look. It's so scary isn't it? Poor Snoopy :(. Fingers crossed this works. That poor bunny is always being taken to the vets. If it's not one thing it's another :(.

omg thats scary news!
im guessing its hepatic..liver or bile duct coccidia.
our dazy-mae had it unbeknown to all and she had to be pts..had a very hig fever and very poorly. her lungs filled with fluid so fast ...the 3 diff vets whid seen her within the two days said her lungs were clear..shocked our vets too.
the cocidia has to be treated..and it can get anywhere..aninfected bunny poop from anywhere..and some buns have it but show no signs....till theyre immune system overloads like it did in dazy-maes case and off it goes.

im glad youve got snoopy home and that they will be able to help with the treatment...:wave:

This is so scary :(. He's been seeing so many different vets for months now and none picked up on it until Jason did today. He said he is not 100% sure but it is better to treat it than to wait for test results etc.

This is so scary :(. He's been seeing so many different vets for months now and none picked up on it until Jason did today. He said he is not 100% sure but it is better to treat it than to wait for test results etc.

Jason Bugess is a hero :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I love it when the vets are bootifull. There's a vet where I take Bunz. He's only dealt with Bunz once but jeysus,it put a smile on my face lol

:) My brother likes to take Bunzle too, even if he does have a pink carry cage. His vet is a gorgeous blonde swedish lass. Bunzle comes back in a foul mood, the brother comes back foaming and drooling haha

Back