• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

went to vets today and...

kk_kayla

Mama Doe
for 5 minutes....got charges £25....all he done was prod rubie's belly to check if she had a kit left (thank god she doesnt) :D
but £25....they must be on mega bucks....boyfriends not to happy i made him pay haha:lol:

Unfortunately it's the price of the consult that's normally the highest! But you're paying for their knowledge and expertise so it's worth it in my opinion. I paid about £55 for an emergency consult yesterday. The vet was pretty good and did give him a good look over though. My usual vet is pretty good and if I go with a query regarding two rabbits he will often look both over but only charge me for one.

My bun had to go to the emergency vets over christmas and as the vets was closed they charged me £110 to poke him about and give him a gut moving injection. I wasnt even in there 10 mins. Im in the wrong profession ha ha!!

My bun had to go to the emergency vets over christmas and as the vets was closed they charged me £110 to poke him about and give him a gut moving injection. I wasnt even in there 10 mins. Im in the wrong profession ha ha!!

Blimey :shock: Sounds like what we had yesterday - quick poke, temp taken, heart and chest checked and a metaclop and metacam injection and it came to £68-something. Sounds like we got off lightly!

Spenser's emergency vet treatment in September came to £145 (not including his routine check and more medication from his own vet the next day). He's insured so I got £90 back.

That actually sounds pretty cheap (if I'm right in thinking 25=$38 USD). We were charged like $150 about 5 years ago just to make sure my cat didn't have anymore kittens in her. Though, it was Labor's day and there weren't any other vets anywhere near there. Had to drive forever to even find a vet.

Back