• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone else have a bun obsessed with tea?

UrbanBunny

Warren Scout
Or is Hilary just very strange?

Ever since I got her at about 10 weeks old she's been a nightmare when there is a cup of tea around. She'll try to mug you for a sip and has been known to dunk for the teabag in a cold cup of tea and run away with it with me in hot pursuit :oops:...making a lovely mess in the process.

(Do note that I don't give it to her or allow her to drink it - though I tried offering her cooled peppermint and camomile teas in an attempt to get her to leave me alone!).

I just gave her the empty cardboard PG tips box and she's having a lovely time sticking her head in it and throwing it across the room. :roll:

Or is Hilary just very strange?

Ever since I got her at about 10 weeks old she's been a nightmare when there is a cup of tea around. She'll try to mug you for a sip and has been known to dunk for the teabag in a cold cup of tea and run away with it with me in hot pursuit :oops:...making a lovely mess in the process.

(Do note that I don't give it to her or allow her to drink it - though I tried offering her cooled peppermint and camomile teas in an attempt to get her to leave me alone!).

I just gave her the empty cardboard PG tips box and she's having a lovely time sticking her head in it and throwing it across the room. :roll:

I know a cat that is obsessed with tea but never heard of a bunny :lol:

ETA: My buns jumped on me earlier as I was eating a honey and granola yoghurt so they must have liked the smell. Bernard goes nutty for chocolate although he is NOT allowed it!

YES! My REW Freya was obsessed with tea. She would literally mug me for it- excuse the pun! On more than one occasion she nose-butted tea out of my hands so it spilled all over me - she'd then try to lick it up! I compromised by making her a warm drink of water with a few fresh herbs steeped in it. She liked it, but not half as much as my PG tips with soya milk and one sugar!!!! :shock::lol:

Poor little thing doesn't have tea these days as she lives outdoors in her aviary. I do still take her out some warmed water twice a day though! :oops:

Haha that's so strange - I have PG tips with soya milk too.

Weird bunnies.

That is strange! My boyf has regular milk but she wasn't quite so obsessed with that. I wish tea and soy was healthy for bunnies because she does love it so. I try to compensate for the tea denial by giving her tasty, yet healthy treats instead.

I bet it is soya milk!! Is that the dairy free milk? How strange but maybe that's the reason!!

I found out recently that PG tips is tested on animals so I've stopped buying it :(

Eesh I just researched that. :cry:

Glad that was the end of the box and I have 4000 Yorkshire Tea bags from Costco to start on now instead!

It makes me feel so vulnerable when I find out these sort of things because there is so much we don't know about that goes on with the products we buy.

Anyway back to your tea loving bun maybe you should hold a glass of soya milk in your hand and see is she goes for that or if its just when it's warmed up in tea? I think I'd be so intrigued I'd be trying everything like warm soya milk or different tea bags to find out what it is :lol: :lol:

My buns seem to be enjoying my carpet too much at the moment to be bothered about anything else :lol: naughty little bunnies!!

lol that is weird its probable the smell. my bunny never gets the chance to busy destroying other things instead. hed probs have a crack at it though.

can bunny have tea or is it a no no?

I have Yorkshire tea too, I usually have it without milk but have just brought some more oat milk cause I've not had any in ages.

Not sure if I have a tea bunny or not, he runs to the kitchen end of the run every time I go up that end of the run and sits there watching me! It's very cute but really he just wants food, constantly!

Our Noah was obsessed with my tea. He used to live indoors and used to leap on the bed in the morning and stand on his hind legs with me raising my mug of tea aloft out of his way and he's still not give in. He would very happily climb on the furniture in an attempt to get to my mug and pull it ove with his teeth.

Sadly he's a bridge bunny and this is one of my fondest memories of him.

Our Noah was obsessed with my tea. He used to live indoors and used to leap on the bed in the morning and stand on his hind legs with me raising my mug of tea aloft out of his way and he's still not give in. He would very happily climb on the furniture in an attempt to get to my mug and pull it ove with his teeth.

Sounds very familiar. Noah is a lovely name too!

Apparently black tea has been proven to cause tumours in small mammals so I don't let her have it. I suppose the caffeine (even though the amount is tiny) isn't good either.

I wish she could though, i'd give her a cup and she'd leave mine alone!

My rabbit has never bothered with my tea but my bird is obsessed with my tea cups. He tries to drink from it and even bath in the tea. Chasing a tea soaked bird that is flying around the room is just as bad as chasing a bunny carrying the tea bag. :lol:

My rabbit has never bothered with my tea but my bird is obsessed with my tea cups. He tries to drink from it and even bath in the tea. Chasing a tea soaked bird that is flying around the room is just as bad as chasing a bunny carrying the tea bag. :lol:

lol ive had to chase my rabbit for countless things when he was little he tried running off with my sock dont know how he got it, hes had my underwear once yet again dont know how he got a hold of them? and many other things that ive lost count of, ive only had him for a year now.

okay its suddenly dawned on me tht it was my rabbit birthday like 2 weeks ago. wonder if i shud get him a present?

Not tea but my Max is more of a hardened drinker and loves wine :shock:
I spilt abit on the floor once and when I came back from getting some kitchen roll to mop it up with he was lapping it up :shock: Now he tries to steal mine the little wino :evil::lol:
Dont worry I dont let him drink it!

Back