• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

People with groups!

Candiflare

Mama Doe
Do you notice the dynamics changing over time? For example, have you seen one bun be top bun and then another bun take over? Are a couple of buns thick as thieves and then suddenly they get a bit distant from each other and move on to other buns in the group to be their "best friend?"

Do relationships even out over a period of time? If they are all living together with no fights and no fur pulling, does that mean they are all happy with the bond?

I've noticed this week that the girls (Penelope and Rosie) have been hanging out with Buzz and leaving Ralph on his own. But this morning I came down and the girls were snuggled up with Ralph and Buzz was by himself...

Yes mine are always changing...
Sooty and Oreo are a strongly bonded pair but early on in the bond Sooty and charlie paired and Mittens and oreo paired. There was really no love between Sooty and Mittens in the start but the other day I caught Sooty grooming/snuggling her so it changes all the time. Mine tend to sit in 3's and one sits on their own and then they all swap round, there still is the odd chase as well by sooty and oreo the bosses but no bun seems to mind and a few minutes later they are snuggled..
I think its just a bit more complicated when you have more than a pair - buns are complex creatures

Thanks Kath! Do you find yourself worrying about their dynamics all the time? Like who is left out and how they feel!

I find if there is one being left out they are always "running away" from the others, even if the others aren't going for them.

They are bloomin' complex!

Thanks Kath! Do you find yourself worrying about their dynamics all the time? Like who is left out and how they feel!

I find if there is one being left out they are always "running away" from the others, even if the others aren't going for them.

They are bloomin' complex!

Yes I worry a lot especially about Mittens because I know what happened last time but shes ok and I think shes generally a bit of a loner - she will join the group but only when SHE wants to. Oreo will go and flop next to her sometimes but she will go and move and sit by herself :roll: Bless Oreo for trying though!! But if she wants to sit with somebun she does and its fine - she likes a snuggle with Charlie on her terms :lol::love:
They all eat well together and share their veg and pellets so I dont see any probs..

Alot of the time Oreo will be left on his own and hes the boss and I keep thinking poor Oreo because hes so bossy the others dont like him - but they do - i think sometimes buns just want their own space! They have the choice to snuggle or not and as long as they are eating well and no bun is getting bullied its fine!

Thank you for making this thread!

Toffee seems to be abit of an outkast at the moment! Poor guy :(
I found his fur in the garden... totally worried so i checked him over he is fine but the other three are sticking together and then theres Toffee :?

Usually its Daisy on the outskirts of the group... because shes the bully :lol: But at the moment its Toffee :(

Even George has joined the girls!! And the boys are usually really close...

I feel sad because he is such a gentle guy and loves them all, i guess they had an argument?

But im keeping a close eye on them, but they all are acting pretty normal...

Yes with the 4 Dutchie was always top dog followed by Chloe then Bella then Fudge with Dutchie and Bella all loved up. Recently Dutchie and Bella have been scrapping a bit - I think Bella wants to move up the ranks

When A and E first met A was very much in charge. This has changed over time and they seem to take it in turns now

Back