• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Insurance

Dont want to hijack this thread, but hope you dont mind me adding another question?

...How much do you all pay for bunny insurance?
What does it cover?
What are the pros and cons of your insurance company?

I have also looked at rabbit insurance however i might just put money to one side for them instead:)
I tried getting a quote from pet plan online but for older rabbits you need to phone them

Last edited:
Penny and Russell were insured with petplan for about 3 months, but tha was onlt beacasue you get it free when you adopt a bun from my rescue :L

Like bugsbunnylover has said , maybe just but some money away just incase :L :D

Dont want to hijack this thread, but hope you dont mind me adding another question?

...How much do you all pay for bunny insurance?
What does it cover?
What are the pros and cons of your insurance company?

Course I don't. I want to know this too :)
Never thought of bun insurance before cos it doesn't cover dental work. When Bunzle was poorly with a kidney infection it wiped my savings out and I was left choosing between me eating properly, using a credit card or him having the treatment. I don't want to have to go through that again. A bill of 300 quid plus, or an excess of 50 quid is a no brainer. I just don't wanna pay for it n get screwed over.

ours are insured with petplan - £28 a month for 2 bunnies.

we have never really made a claim on it which has made it financially worthwhile - instead petplan are making plenty of money out of us - sigh

there is always that 'IF' and 'unknown' though so we pay it just in cases.

ours are insured with petplan - £28 a month for 2 bunnies.

we have never really made a claim on it which has made it financially worthwhile - instead petplan are making plenty of money out of us - sigh

there is always that 'IF' and 'unknown' though so we pay it just in cases.

Thanks :) Do you know if the policy covers emergency vet fees? Cos to be honest, if you ring an out of hours vet here it goes to vets now. All you get out of them is " bring him down but is 120 quid to see him". They just see the pound signs instead of helping you.

dont know! to be honest we dont even know half of what it does/doesn't covers probably! insurance companies are generally just one big scam but we pay it in the hope that one day it might be worth it

will dig the paperwork out and have a look for you :)

Back