• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ruby :( needs stitches; advice needed please..

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
came home from stables this afternoon to find Rubys face covered in blood and her eye closed, got her in carrier and her top and bottom eye lid has been cut off..

rung Vets and took her in, she said it looks like a bite and Ruby will need stitches, she gave her two injections tonight and some eye cream and shes got to go back in morning to be put under to see if they can try stitch it back together or something :cry:

shes eating in a crate in the shed, away from Ben :(

vet said they might of been chasing and hes caught it or something :?

having the week from hell :censored:

Last edited:
thanks everyone, i am worried sick, left her a heatpad in for tonight, shes happily eating, been touching my eye lid all night, i hope the Vet can do something for her :cry:

oh no! So sorry - thats aweful for her & ben!:(

Vibes for you & Ruby and hope she is ok & Ben & her can be friends again....xxx

oh no! So sorry - thats aweful for her & ben!:(

Vibes for you & Ruby and hope she is ok & Ben & her can be friends again....xxx

i know, i do too, there separate for now and will see how tomorrow goes. we dont know for definate if Ben caused it, but i cant see how else it could of happened.

they do chase sometimes, but nothing like this, plus an injury like this i would of expected lots of fur in the hutch, but there was nothing at all :?

Back