• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Giants

molly35

Mama Doe
Ok, those of you with giants.....exactly how much extra hay are we talking about? Are yours bonded with another giant or smaller bun. Are they generally even tempered?

To be honest I'm not entirely sure as I vary between 2 and 4 bunnies. I also use a bog standard meadow hay as the bulk plus some redigrass and some 'special hay' and of course they eat more in winter. I would say 1 large bag + 1 bag special a week ish.

Henry is a french lop and he is fantastic:love:
He is bonded with a lionhead and a mini lop and he is so laid back he is the king with queens washing him:lol:
Giants that ive met so far are much more laid back than the smaller breeds:love:

They eat a little more but other than that there isn't much difference. My New Zealand White eats slower than my medium sized bun so it's not easy to tell.

My NZW used to be boned with a dwarf lop which was a lot smaller than him and they loved each other to bits. He grunts sometimes when your hand first touches him but then stops, he is as soft as butter.

I have 3.

A frenchie who eats hay for England, and two conti giants.

I have 12 buns altogether so use a bale every 2 weeks, but that is for bedding and litter trays in three large sheds and two hutch combos.

All three of mine have lovely temperaments, if not a bit cheeky:D.

I :love: big buns.

Back