• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What are these micro lops im hearing about?

I've always been a bit confused by the whole mini lop thing to be honest. People seem to describe what I would call a dwarf or holland lop as a mini lop. So when I saw a true mini lop at Southampton Rabbit Rescue I was completely in awe of it's tiny stature - SO cute. I guess this is what you call a micro mini lop? :?:?

Probably a group of deformed rabbits that were the result of trying to "improve" some other breed that some breeder gave a fancy name to in order to sell them as they're so imperfect that they're of no use to the breeder.

Cynical... me?

Some name some people have made up. Its not a BRC regonised breed.
Sometimes used on very small minilops, or just to sound special to try and get more people to buy them.

They aren't an official breed but lots of people tend to call a small mini lop a micro lop. Sometimes people confuse them for the runt of a litter.
I know someone who rescued a 'micro' lop and she refuses to call it micro lop unless she uses the inverted commas. :)

Last edited:
Its just to sell them so people think that they have something abit different,its more than likely what they call a true mini as when you breed mini lops there are two genes dwarf and mini and the smaller ones in the litters are classed as the true mini lops and the larger ones are the dwarf mini lops:)
So for rabbit breeders that do show there rabbits would keep the true mini lops to show:)

This was one of my first thoughts. Esp since its not a registered breed.

I have two very small lops (smaller than mini lops) and they both have a mitful of problems. If these were bred they would create some beautifully small babies, but babies destined for a tough life.

They aren't an official breed but lots of people tend to call a small mini lop a micro lop. Sometimes people confuse them for the runt of a litter.
I know someone who rescued a 'micro' lop and she refuses to call it micro lop unless she uses the inverted commas. :)

Your supposed to be on holiday!! :lol: how are you getting on RU? ...and if its your phone, i dont know how you have the patience!

Some people seem to think they are just small minilops or "true" mini lops.

Im not going to look into it, but i bet many of these small rabbits have problems. As do many rabbits because some people havent got a bloody clue what theyre doing.

I suppose its the same with any animal, selective breeding has produced some lovely animals, but its also created big problems for many.

I've always been a bit confused by the whole mini lop thing to be honest. People seem to describe what I would call a dwarf or holland lop as a mini lop. So when I saw a true mini lop at Southampton Rabbit Rescue I was completely in awe of it's tiny stature - SO cute. I guess this is what you call a micro mini lop? :?:?

No the mini lops that Sue has like permanent boarders Louie & Mischief, are mini lops not micros:D

I was looking on preloved the other day, and i saw a lot of ads for "micro lops" and "micro minilops".

What are these? :?

Short answer - a scam.

Rabbits that aren't even an official breed, probably with many health problems, which are not that much smaller than mini's and some being sold at ridiculous prices.

Short answer - a scam.

Rabbits that aren't even an official breed, probably with many health problems, which are not that much smaller than mini's and some being sold at ridiculous prices.

:cry: poor babies, it always makes me sad because I want nice people to get them and look after them but then this will only encourage mean breeders to produce more...

Back