• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boys Vs. Girls

Rachie

Mama Doe
Does anyone else find that their buns are generally quite typical of whichever gender they are (NB - This thread is meant to be quite lighthearted, I do not want 'what is normal' debates going on :p

I find Ebony to be a typical girl. She always seems to be fussing Oliver, giving him a good grooming - not in a lovely way either, more in a nagging-you-must-look-your-best way :lol: Watching the way she hops about, she always seems to be very delicate with the way she moves and often sits, what I consider anyway, to be posing at us, as if she is saying 'hey look how pretty and dainty I am'.

Oliver is quite boyish, he's very laid back, not fussed about much etc - you can almost imagine laid out in a lazy boy chair with a remote control :lol: I wouldn't go as far as to say he is bullish with the way he moves around but he certainly isn't delicate either

Does anyone else's buns act their gender or perhaps they have boy buns who like to steal mummy's lipstick and skirt? :p

I agree I have 4 boys and 2 girls. The Akasma constantly nags and nips and Frankie whereas him and the other boys are really laid back.

Ginger is your typical girly girl bun.

She hops around very daintily, has the most beautiful little eyelashes and for the first month we had her, i kid you not, she smelt like perfume, like a young girls perfume.

Biscuit is a typical boy. Notice i say boy, not man :lol:

He runs around like a maniac if he wants to, but is awfully lazy and will happily just sit there and watch the world go by.

He's over zealous with grooming Ginger, and often tries humping her still.

Ginger eats slowly
Biscuit eats as quick as he can so Ginger can't eat his share :lol:

Does that sound pretty typical of gender? :D

Nutmeg is a typical dainty girl. Mini's a tomboy. :lol: She even sleeps like a boy.

I wouldn't call Mischa and Smudge typical boys though. I don't know why.

Louie should have been a girl, or maybe he is Gay?

He is very pretty, enjoys helping with the housework and is very gentle and girlie :D

i found that coco is very boyish and has a real boy face he loves to dig even though is neutered and loves rolling in mud, kitty spends hours preening to look so pretty and arthur must be a man his favourite two places are snuggled on the bed and sat watching tv!!!! lol.... dora is feminine in that she is a moody madam!!!! lol x

Hmmm!
Maud is pretty like you'd expect a girl to look, but she is sooooo lazy and lets Malc do all the work, She eats faster than him too!

Malc is a man, strong caring and very loving ..(I often wish he was my OH) :lol:

Colin is a boy, thru and thru

and Cilla is gentle, kind, and very quiet :love:

Smokey has become more ladylike as she has got older. She used to be very into getting muddy and digging up things but is now much happier to sit and groom herself. She also enjoys 'helping' to tidy up the shed:D. She is much calmer now too.

I always think of Inky as a bit like David Tennant in 'Casanova':lol: He is very aware of how cute he is and that this allows him to get away with being very naughty.

Mina was a little princess. I sometimes called her Queen Meen because of the attitude she would give me. I swear she had a "Well, I NEVER!" look that she gave me at times. :lol: She couldn't stand to be dirty, and was always such a lady. Everything she did, she did with a dainty, almost prissy flare. Although she wasn't a snob because she was very sweet and affectionate. She didn't trust easily, but once you earned her trust, you also earned her undying love. <333 She didn't seem to be nurturing, although she had a toddler-like curiosity even into her elderly years. I think she just never wanted to grow up! Come to think of it, her prissy attitude could have been from all the spoiling.... :roll:

my girls arent all that girly, except the way they point their "wrists" forward when they bend around to groom - not sure if that makes sense but its very dainty!

Kylo is a total boy tho - lumpish, grumpy-looking, laid-back, food-obsessed, absolutely no delicacy or refinement, rarely washes......:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Tho one of our girl dogs would be a teenage boy if she was human - grunts, lolls around in her bed and snores!!!

Lucky is the fussy grommer while daisy is all laid back and lets him carry on. She acts like the Queen and he's the maid :lol::lol::lol:

Jenson seems a typical male to me at times, food obsessed and likes his cage untidy.
Then, as a contrast, his run is nice and tidy and he keeps himself nice and clean.
He def prefers female company too.

I'd say my two were the opposite! :lol: Beano who is a girl is quite manly and apparently looks and behaves like a boy, at the vets or anywhere she always gets called 'he' or 'who's a good boy!' :roll: And Gordon who is a boy is quite girly, doesn't like touching his veg if they are wet and if he does touch something wet he will groom himself for ages afterwards and he's a mummy's boy :)

Back