• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Funny noises after dental?

Loosy

Warren Veteran
Has anyone had this before?
Pipkin had a dental yesterday. He's eating and acting fine now. He even had a nibble of some hay...
But he's making funny noises when he eats. Sort of a squeaky, wet noise. It almost sounds like it could be his breathing but he only does it when he's eating. I've never heard it from him before :? :?
Could he still be adjusting to his 'new' teeth or something?

Thanks if anyone has any ideas!

Well I didn't hear the noises so badly when he was eating his pellets this evening, but he's all damp under his chin again :( I don't know whether they didn't burr his teeth down as much as they normally do or something? He saw a different vet to the usual one.
I guess I'll be calling the vets again tomorrow.

Sorry, I don't have any experience, but wonder if you might get a better response if you put this is the 'Health' section of 'Rabbit Care Discussion'? I would definitely call the vet and at least describe his symptoms, although it is reassuring that he is eating OK. :wave:

Sorry, I don't have any experience, but wonder if you might get a better response if you put this is the 'Health' section of 'Rabbit Care Discussion'? I would definitely call the vet and at least describe his symptoms, although it is reassuring that he is eating OK. :wave:

Oops, I never seem to pick the right place to make threads :oops::oops:
Thanks!

Back