• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please help!

chul

Staff member
Just glimpsed at Bunskis underneath and its really pink and the fur is wet/matted, but no blood. is this normal?

Does it look open?

If the wound isnt open then it should be ok... if the wound is open he needs the vet asap.

Its probably really pink and wet etc because he keeps grooming it... try and keep his attention away from his wound.

You need to check it regularly incase he manages to open the wound

Is he licking it alot?

You need to make sure he doesn't pull the stitches out and open the wound up.

the vets told me its glued. Hes licking it a lot but I can't check him on my own and oh is at work :(

the vets told me its glued. Hes licking it a lot but I can't check him on my own and oh is at work :(

My George managed to 'unglue' his wound by constant licking :roll:

When is you oh back from work? I'd try and check him... If you cant then try stop him from anymore licking. :wave:

They can still pull at the glue, you need to stop him licking as he will make himeself really sore.

Can you distract him, with some treats or toys?

Louie licked at his for a while on the day of the operation. I just kept a close eye that he wasn't actually chewing at the wound and checked it frequently.

I distract him when I see him but he is hiding atm. He's lying down and not acting like he is in pain, he comes out and jumps into his litter tray. I just can't hold him and look.

Back