• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Giants

molly35

Mama Doe
Ok, those of you with giants.....exactly how much extra hay are we talking about? Are yours bonded with another giant or smaller bun. Would an 8x4 kennel/run be larger enough? Are they generally even tempered?

For a normal medium pair of rabbits they recommend 36 square feet which one way of calculating it woudl be 6 x 6 square feet or a 6 x 2 hutch with an attatched 6 x 4 run.

If you have an 8 x 4 shed or kennel that will give a total of 32 square feet, therefore you would need to add a large run to this to make it big enough. a lot depends on the size of the giants as there are giants and GIANTS, this would refelect on the size required.

:wave:sorry i can't help but I'm just nosy.
do I detect that you're thinking about more additions?

For a normal medium pair of rabbits they recommend 36 square feet which one way of calculating it woudl be 6 x 6 square feet or a 6 x 2 hutch with an attatched 6 x 4 run.

If you have an 8 x 4 shed or kennel that will give a total of 32 square feet, therefore you would need to add a large run to this to make it big enough. a lot depends on the size of the giants as there are giants and GIANTS, this would refelect on the size required.

Thats not a problem the man who made the kennel can make runs to attach and would be able to freerange in yard.

Back