• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

am i doing it right? need a piece of mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZoeLou

Warren Scout
Hi. .
George my mini lop as been brought in from shed to house now. . I clean his litter pan every day. . He doesn't like shavings at the bottom of his cage because he shoves it all away. . I do put plenty of hay in each day. . He as bowl of his normal food each day then on evening he as some veggies.

Hi. .
George my mini lop as been brought in from shed to house now. . I clean his litter pan every day. . He doesn't like shavings at the bottom of his cage because he shoves it all away. . I do put plenty of hay in each day. . He as bowl of his normal food each day then on evening he as some veggies.

Sounds good to me. Have you tried megazorb or carefresh instead of shavings? I put newspaper then megazorb then hay in my litter trays

Is he eating hay? What sort of quantities of veg and food are you giving? How old is he?

:wave: hi, you don't give alot of information but it sounds like the basics are about right. Many people don't use shavings for rabbits because of the breathing and other problems that pine wood can cause. He should have lots of hay above everyhting else, and some veg is a good idea if it doesn't upset his tummy.
A bowl of food might be quite a lot, you could possibly cut this down a bit and then he would eat more hay which is better for his tummy.
If you have a look around this forum you will find a huge amount of information about caring for rabbits. Also, the Rabbit welfare association website is a good one to look at
http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk
The other thing you will probably notice is that people recommend that rabbits have another rabbit friend if this is at all possible - they need to be with their own kind, but must be neutered and safely and carefully introduced.

Sounds good to me. Have you tried megazorb or carefresh instead of shavings? I put newspaper then megazorb then hay in my litter trays

Is he eating hay? What sort of quantities of veg and food are you giving? How old is he?

Where can i get that megazorb? And what is it? Yes he is eating hay. . And he as wagg rabbit mix which he loves, he as a variety of diff veg each day.

Carrot tops, broccoli. . He loves coliflower. . Small amount of cabbage too courtesy now and again small piece of apple.

He is 7 months

He gets plenty of hay he isn't very keen on laying on that either. Lol. He moves it all to make a space to lay down

Where can i get that megazorb? And what is it? Yes he is eating hay. . And he as wagg rabbit mix which he loves, he as a variety of diff veg each day.

Carrot tops, broccoli. . He loves coliflower. . Small amount of cabbage too courtesy now and again small piece of apple.

He is 7 months

Most horse supply places sell megazorb. They usually sell bales of hay too which wil work out cheaper for you. If there isnt one near you try www.thehayexperts.co.uk or www.animalmagicpetsupplies.co.uk who both sell it.

Ideally he should be having a small handfull of the wagg food per day and a small amount of veg. He should eat at least a small carrierbag of hay a day.

If possible I would switch him onto a pellet food if you can. Wagg do one which has a good fibre content, Asda and I think Sainsburys sell it. The reasons to switch are to prevent him only eating certain parts of the mix food and also to make sure he is getting fibre in his food. If you do switch do it gradually over a week or so. Add a small amount of pellets to his muesli and slowly over the week increase the pellets and reduce the muesli

you can also get megazorb direct from Farmway via Amazon :wave:

£6.50 + Delivery comes to £11.49 for an 85L bag.

Most horse supply places sell megazorb. They usually sell bales of hay too which wil work out cheaper for you. If there isnt one near you try www.thehayexperts.co.uk or www.animalmagicpetsupplies.co.uk who both sell it.

Ideally he should be having a small handfull of the wagg food per day and a small amount of veg. He should eat at least a small carrierbag of hay a day.

If possible I would switch him onto a pellet food if you can. Wagg do one which has a good fibre content, Asda and I think Sainsburys sell it. The reasons to switch are to prevent him only eating certain parts of the mix food and also to make sure he is getting fibre in his food. If you do switch do it gradually over a week or so. Add a small amount of pellets to his muesli and slowly over the week increase the pellets and reduce the muesli

HI we do get the wagg from sainburys he eats all of it anddoesn't leave any. Thank you for advice x

You need to belt up and stop being rude to Jane,she is am amazing caring lady AND IS ONLY TRYING TO HELP YOU,listen to what she is telling you !!!!!!!

You need to belt up and stop being rude to Jane,she is am amazing caring lady AND IS ONLY TRYING TO HELP YOU,listen to what she is telling you !!!!!!!

HI we do get the wagg from sainburys he eats all of it anddoesn't leave any. Thank you for advice x

What was rude about that? I never read that as rude she even sent a kiss at the end but what you said was very rude, sorry if that offends you.

Why unnecessary,why post on this forum ask for help then blatantly ignore it!!!!I love my bunnies with all my heart and came to this forum desperate for help and when given help I was so thankful and didnt attack one of the only people on here who was willing to give her time and dedication to help me.

Why unnecessary,why post on this forum ask for help then blatantly ignore it!!!!I love my bunnies with all my heart and came to this forum desperate for help and when given help I was so thankful and didnt attack one of the only people on here who was willing to give her time and dedication to help me.

Lets just leave it alone before we get in trouble, hehe:)

If you have any concerns the mods always reply to pm's:wave:

Lets just leave it alone before we get in trouble, hehe:)

If you have any concerns the mods always reply to pm's:wave:

I dont think Im breaking any rules,just stating my opinion:wave::wave:If I get in trouble then so be it,wont be the first time,just sticking up for what I believe in

Excuse me? That's in the past! Things like this cause arguments on here. . I don't like her good advice or not. I don't like the wayg was judged. Thanks for your advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back