• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sneezing

MilosMummy

Mama Doe
I have noticed that over the last few days Milo has been sneezing. Often just one or 2 and then nothing. His nose and paws are dry. Should I take him for a check up with the vets?

I'd keep a very close eye on him, as the more experienced owners will tell you, they go down very quickly.
my own experience is that one of mine has sneezing fits, lots of tiny sneezes in quick succession but no discharge. He has a tooth which grows very close to his tear duct, and the tear duct is actually damaged so lots of things can set him off, so now I know, I keep an eye on him.
It could be a number of things - if you have a good vet then maybe call them first? or if you are worried, which you obviously are, I'd just take him down for a check-up in case its the start of somehting.
hope he is ok

Lucky had a bout of sneezing and being wheezy and snuffly yesterday morning - i got him into the vets yesterday afternoon but the vet put it down to me cleaning his house out. He did give him a shot of an anti-inflammatory jab though and he's sooo much better today. He said it was probably fluff or something he was finding hard to dislodge and if i notice anything else with him today then to take him straight back. He seems fine now though.

hope Milo is ok now? x

Check his nostrils if you can as well to make sure he's not managed to get a piece of hay stuck up there. One of my bunnies got a piece of hay stuck up his nose and that made him sneeze and then he got wheezy. The vet put it down to respiratory disease as she couldn't see anything up his nose but then about a week later, he did a massive sneeze and the hay came out a little. I still feel sick thinking about having to pull it out, it was minging! He's fine now though, had no problems since, thanks goodness!

Coming from someone with a sneezy bun, i know how concerning it can be.

As long as the nose/paws are dry and not discoloured (Ginger had a slightly green tinge when her nose was at its worst) i'd say possible FB / dustyness causing irritation personally.

Thats my opinion anyway, not that it counts for much against the experts here :wave:

Thank you everyone. It doesn't look like there is anything up his nose but he wouldn't let me look for long. I will keep an eye on him today to see how he goes. He is still eating etc and is having his daytime nap at the moment.

Back