• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quick castration question!

chul

Staff member
Bunsk is sat under the sofa and he is cleaning (?) nuzzling round where he had his castration. What should I keep an eye out for as I don't want him to start bleeding etc.

If you can, keep an eye on the wound. Do you know if he had stitches or disovable stitches? (if stiches, you should of been told he'll have them out?)

If it bleeds, id be back to the vets :wave:

Biccy cleaned his wound a lot and ended up with a haematoma (blood filled pocket) in one of his scrotum sacks, but this went on its own after a couple of weeks.

Just keep checking him regularly make sure he isnt bleeding or pulling at any stitches. Also make sure he starts eating and pooing normally

I was told he is glued up rather than stitches. He is eating hay but notihng else yet, and has done small sticky poos.

Check him regularly. George was back and forwards to the vets because he wouldnt leave his wound alone :roll:

He had it glued... then stitched... then stabled... then they finally put a collar on him :( :roll: Naughty George!

So keep check of the wound and make sure he isnt pulling at it, licking it too much etc etc. Make sure he is eating/toileting properly too :wave:

Hay is good :D He shouldnt need to have anything done in that case but keep checking him regularly. Does he have to go back to the vets in a few days for a check up?

No, they only said to go back if he wasnt eating or pooping. I've tried as much as I can to block off under the sofa. Just noticed his bum is a bit matted and he has a poop stuck in his fur. :? What should I do?

Back