• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

B&G's Christmas Adventure...and me being scared!

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper

Well.

It went okay for the most part!

Dog crate re-assembled at parents house, pen setup attached to it.

Biscuit then decided he'd like to scare me by sitting in the same corner and not using the (used) litter tray for 2 hours, but then the biggest pile of poops i've ever seen in my life, albeit a little small due to 3hrs in the car without water.

Lots of hay nomming and water drinking later and some fresh wet veg/herbs both were happy as larry.

Cleaned out litter tray, put everything back in relevant places.

Came down following morning to a very quiet Biscuit. He came and had his morning pellets and veg, but with not so much gusto and some fairly small black poops again. Kept my eye on him as i thought maybe he was feeling iffy due to travel/new environment.

He was VERY quiet. So i grabbed my mobile, ready to call the emergency vets Schuette had given me contact details for.

He seemed to wake up a little more in the evening and was binkying around with Ginger so that was me a bit more pleased and i just carried on monitoring him.

It's really difficult to explain, but he was not himself. I knew that much.

I didnt call the vets as the following morning he'd nommed like there was no tomorrow.

I then found a black sack i'd brought a load of their stuff in next to the dog crate with over 30 holes in it and bits of black bag in the dog crate :shock:

Brother then decided he'd say something !

"i moved it there this morning when i was tidying, then i had to pull it away about 30 minutes later as i saw him eating it"

My lord - Biccy had eaten a good 30 holes of each ~3cm in length of black bag. Ginger hadn't touched any, she doesn't do chewing/bags.

I felt so sick and started thinking about blockages, but i put in lots more hay and he sat there, and ate nothing but hay for a good hour solid. Very unlike him - i think perhaps he knew he needed it.

His poops have been back to normal now for a day or so and we're back home now.

Note to self: keep everything out of bunny nose/teeth range.

Stupid me!

OMG - i bet you panicked!! Lucky loves bin bags too - i think it's because they tear easily rather than the taste (anything to destroy).

I am sooo glad all is back to normal though. x

I remember reading on here that rabbits aren't stupid and they know instinctively what to eat and what not to eat.
Thats the only thing I've read on RU that I have to totally disagree with!!! Mine go round the garden every day looking for all the things that are on the 'toxic' list. especially bamboo and laurel :shock:

So glad that you all survived the trip and are back to normal. he does like to keep you on your toes, that one :lol:

What is it about bunnies and plastic.... :shock: My rabbit nephew ate a big hole in an inflatable Barbie armchair last Christmas - the owner of the chair couls only be consoled by the prospect of the bunny doing pink poops. :lol:

What is it about bunnies and plastic.... :shock: My rabbit nephew ate a big hole in an inflatable Barbie armchair last Christmas - the owner of the chair couls only be consoled by the prospect of the bunny doing pink poops. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My Bunski ate a massive hole in some jeans but we never found denim in his poo :lol::lol:

Feegal and Sally did that too, honestly trying to wean Feegal on to a new food guarantees odd/squashy poops, but denim, no problem:lol:

I keep catching Sprocket having a sly nibble of the plastic stars that are on our chritsmas tree. They used to go over a set of lights. :roll:

Back