• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

oh dear....problem..

kk_kayla

Mama Doe
ok...so my rabbit rubie had babies....about 8 days ago....she had 3....she rejected them all...and sadely they all died....shes been acted weird the last few days and still eating and drinking loads...she started making another nest aswell ans today when she was lieing with her legs kicked out...i saw her belly moving around ( the way i could tell her and zebie were pregnant be4)
so i looks like she was carrying 2 litters at the same time.....
my question is....how likely is it she will reject these ones??? thank you

It would be highly rare that she was carrying two litters at once.

If she is as you discribe, I would seek vetentry advice ASAP, she could have some kits left in there from the litter she had previously and could be in danger herself :?

Good luck.

ok...so my rabbit rubie had babies....about 8 days ago....she had 3....she rejected them all...and sadely they all died....shes been acted weird the last few days and still eating and drinking loads...she started making another nest aswell ans today when she was lieing with her legs kicked out...i saw her belly moving around ( the way i could tell her and zebie were pregnant be4)
so i looks like she was carrying 2 litters at the same time.....my question is....how likely is it she will reject these ones??? thank you

How can she have been carrying two litters at the same time?:?
I know it's happened to people before but somehow I don't think rabbits can be pregnant with more than one litter at a time?:?

ETA: Teflon's post says it all, she probably needs to see a vet. Good luck with her..

Did you remove the male straight away ? if not they may of been a chance he could of got her pregnant again ? A female rabbit can get pregnant even before the kits are weaned i think ..

thats what i thought but when i looked at her i was like thats an 100%pregnant rabbits....so i got on the computer and apparently rabbits have 2 uterus so they cann carry 2 litters at once/

Did you remove the male straight away ? if not they may of been a chance he could of got her pregnant again ?

But the babies would not be moving at 8 days old (in the womb).

I am saying her being preg with two lots is HIGHLY unlikely but I wont say impossible because I dont think anything is impossible.

The movement you see might be contractions, she might have a baby or so stuck in there.

I think female rabbits have 2 uterus and so she can caryy 2 litters in 2 different places, there is therefor a high chance that the kits will just be 'blobs', and not formed correctly :( If you like I'll see if I can find the website again?

the male got removed about 2 and a half weeks ago and has not been with her since. and wont be till hes been castrated.

thats what i thought but when i looked at her i was like thats an 100%pregnant rabbits....so i got on the computer and apparently rabbits have 2 uterus so they cann carry 2 litters at once/

Where the holy heck did you read that ? :? I am genuinely interested if you could ref the website? I think they are talking out their butts though, I have never read that in a decent rabbit book or experienced it.

Rabbits have two uterine horns, however, I have no idea how this relates to gestation and litter carrying, rabbit breeding/babies is not my strong point.
If you are at all concerned I would take her to the vet asap.
Perhaps the litter were just not all delivered in one go, if she is retaining kits she may need urgent medical attention.

sorry that was just an example...i just typed in google and it came up...but there was more than one website saying the same this about them carrying more than one litter.

sorry that was just an example...i just typed in google and it came up...but there was more than one website saying the same this about them carrying more than one litter.

Perhaps ask on Golden bunnies?? There are a few more breeders on there, they might have more experience to help you quickly.

Back