• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what are vets looking for...

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
...when you take your bun in for a routine check and they examine their bits? i know they're making sure there's no mucky bum but i noticed my vet having a really close look at esme this morning and kind of parting her fur around the area of her lady bits:?

I think when my vet did this she was checking that blackberry was a girl! She only did it the first time and hasn't done it since though...

i'm not sure as this is the first time she's taken such a long look - we have regular checks as both of mine are dental buns. thinking about it, the fur did look slightly yellow:? getting paranoid now but esme really wouldn't want me to wake her up to have a look now (vet didn't mention anything out of the ordinary btw).

Near their bits, I saw a video on you tube of a vet cleaning them with a cotton bud, pretty minging really ...urhhh, although tbh I've never looked at my buns :oops: but my vet too looks at the bits.

dunno my vet makes thier little bits pop out when I go :shock: (not every time mind) maybe hes checking thier sex and that they arent inflamed/infected ect :wave:

Looking for any swelling, scabs, inflammation, urine scald, diarrhoea, matts or injury. We usually check genitals, bottom and glands at that point and if I haven't seen the rabbit before I check if they are the sex they are meant to be.

Back