• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bad or Good?

shadow05

Mama Doe
is cabbage bad for rabbits or is it okay. i thought it was suppose to be bad to bunnys so i never gave mine any.

i mostly give him carrots or brocilli and very occationally apple not much cause i know that it is sweet for them.

also is oranges okay?

just wondering thanks.

Cabbage is fine :)

As per all veg just feed in moderation.

A bunnys main diet as I'm sure you know should be hay.

I personally would avoid orange due to the stringyness as it could cause digestive issues.

I would feed carrots sparingly as they are quite high in sugar, as are apples. Broccoli can sometimes cause gas so again small amounts are better. Dark leaved greens are the best (cabbage etc). Like Graham said I woud definitely avoid oranges.

I actually avoid all brassicas, so cabbage, broccoli, spring greens because they seem to give two of mine (Mischa and Nutmeg) gas. That's just me though, I know most people's bunnies get on fine with them.

I feed some cabbage but in moderation & usually use Savoy (spring greens & kale are not readily available here).
I also cut out the majority of the white 'spine' & just fed the leafy bit.

I feed mine savoy cabbage occasionally but only the dark leafy ones, they don't get the pale or the stems.

Cabbage is fine :)

As per all veg just feed in moderation.

A bunnys main diet as I'm sure you know should be hay.

I personally would avoid orange due to the stringyness as it could cause digestive issues.

right thanks how much would u say is to much cause dont wanna over feed him any cabbage

Back