• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm not sure what's going on... U/D: I'm a paranoid bunny mummy

Zahirre

Warren Veteran
I'm considering calling the emergency vets although I'm not quite sure if it'd be classed as an emergency...

Just gone in to check on Pumpkin (my doe with the litter of kits) Her eyes are wide open in panic mode and her heart rate seems insane! I can see her whole body shake with the rate of her heart. She's flopped out in the cage with her legs in front and her back legs kicked out. She doesn't look uncomfortable and she even ate a bit of cabbage that I just popped in. Kits look fine but she's a little shaking bun.

No idea what could have set it off but I'm very worried.....

Last edited:
I am no expert I'm afraid, but if it was me I would be calling the vet asap for advice. Sorry I can't be more help.:(

Kits are 10 days old. They are all absolutely fine with full bellies and Pumpkin has been taking excellent care of them... They're not the problem though :/

Popping off to check in on her again and if she's the same, I'll call the vets. I have seen her like this before when she gets a tad panicky... she's always been a timid bun. Hopefully something has just startled her... Turned off all the kitchen appliances and kicked Dexie out the kitchen to give her optimum peace and quiet. Towels are still draped over the cage so the darkness should be keeping her feeling safe....

Checked again and Miss Pumpkin is happily nomming on cabbage! Must have been set off by the tumble dryer or Dexie being nosey....

All kitchen appliances are off for the night and Dexie will be kept elsewhere in the house tonight. I can't bare the constant worrying and panic which goes through me whenever I see anything remotely wrong/different with any of the buns... Especially Pumpkin as she's so sensitive right now!!!

Also seem to be coming down with the flu... guess it doesn't help my stress levels much!

Thanks so much to those of you who took the time to help and offer advice! It is appreciated!

If you think it could be the other bunny upsetting her could you keep them all away from her? Keep her nice a quiet :wave:

Lucky did this before and i think it was because he was too hot. He was an indoor bun at the time and it was almost like he was panting like a dog. He was in flop mode and breathing hard with his tongue out. As soon as i opened a window he was normal.

Do you think it could have been that - especially if the dryer was on?

Anyway, glad she feels fine and glad she's acting normal now xxx

Back