• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cold outside chills?

Rabbitfantothemax

Warren Scout
Will my bunnys get cold outside? They have had boxes in there but they just eat them!:lol::roll: silly billys.... has anyone got any tips? they just eat the straw too. Please help... Thankyou.

If they have a nice thick winter coat, they should be ok! However, I'd pop extra hay in and possibly invest in a snugglesafe. They're between £15 and £20 but stay warm for up to 11 hours.
They're available from Pets@Home and online :D

If they have a nice thick winter coat, they should be ok! However, I'd pop extra hay in and possibly invest in a snugglesafe. They're between £15 and £20 but stay warm for up to 11 hours.
They're available from Pets@Home and online :D[/QUOTE]

I do give them lots of hay as well I will look into a snugglesafe:D I know what they are My sis works at a cattery and they have them because it gets quite cold and it keeps us warm!

I have 9 buns :) (5 of which are week and a half old kits) 2 are indoors and 2 are outdoors :)

Snuggle safe's are your best bet really for your own peace of mind and the warmth of your buns :) I tend to pop a heck of a lot more hay than needed in the hutches too just to be on the safe side. A good thermal bottle cover will also keep their water a nice temp for them too :)

I have 9 buns :) (5 of which are week and a half old kits) 2 are indoors and 2 are outdoors :)

Snuggle safe's are your best bet really for your own peace of mind and the warmth of your buns :) I tend to pop a heck of a lot more hay than needed in the hutches too just to be on the safe side. A good thermal bottle cover will also keep their water a nice temp for them too :)

blimey oh riley thats a lot are the babies cute? put a pic on here so I can see please?

Back