• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Normally friendly - now grunting and charging!

Cornishlass

Mama Doe
I have been on holiday to Cornwall to see family - I put my beautiful rabbit with a boarder. I phoned to say I was back and could collect him. She said he's been really grumpy - like a doe and growling etc. I was SHOCKED - he's sooo friendly and nosey - it didn't seem like him.; Went to collect him tonight and he was in a superb heated shed/stable in a large hutch but as soon as she opened the hutch door, the rabbit reared and snarled and charged! I said "Wow, I'M soo sorry never seen him like this!" The had him on my lap and he was lying really low and calm, BUT as soon as I turned round I saw he was sharing the Shed accommodation with a CAT!!! The cat was sitting on the shelf opposite the hutch door! No wonder he is jumpy! Poor thing - won't be going there again.

Aww - that's fantastic.

Are you going to let the boarding place know what you think about it?

Were there other bunnies boarding there too? I'd say it was more likely that he would behave like that because of the smell of other bunnies in the environment and on the boarders hands making him feel territorial and insecure in an unfamiliar place, rather than necessarily because of the cat.

I guess if you board him somewhere cat-free in the future and he doesn't behave that way again, it indicates that it's a catty problem he has, but it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out that he's a bun that just doesn't like being taken somewhere unfamiliar that smells of other bunnies.

Either way, I'm glad he's settled again now he's back home :)

Back