• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh no, not again (Smudge) Er, and again. >.<

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
He's refusing to eat again, even crunchies, pellets and Liz's biscuits. Since I found him hunched about half an hour ago he's had two tiny mouthfuls of parsley and that's all.

Annoyingly I found him at 7.15 and our vets shut at 7, so I've rung the emergency and asked if I can give him the leftover Zantac and Metacam from last time. They've said yes to the Zantac but no to the Metacam cos it might irritate something? I missed what she said. :oops:

So I'm going to watch him closely and keep annoying him with parsley and hope he eats. If not I'll phone again in about an hour and take him to the emergency vets. :(

He has done some poos but he's not interested in anything, just laying in the corners. Gonna try and shoo him up and down the landing.

Last edited:
Smokey always becomes ill after the vets shut, it's very annoying! If you have any Infacol, a dropperful of that may help. Movements will help too and I'm a big fan of cooled, boiled water, it seems to help.

Lots of vibes for Smudge,

FC x

I dunno whether to try syringing him some water. He's still not interested at all. Getting him to move is constant battle as he just finds the nearest corner and huddles there. :cry:

Oh no, I'm so sorry. :( He must be uncomfortable, poor wee fellow, if he just huddles. Will he let you pick him up? Get well soon, Smudge. xx

Oh no, I'm so sorry. :( He must be uncomfortable, poor wee fellow, if he just huddles. Will he let you pick him up? Get well soon, Smudge. xx

He will but he normally does after a bit of chasing anyway. Not much fuss taking the Zantac either. I seriously suspect the puppy pad I put in their digging box as they'd pulled it apart. So now I feel really bad :cry:

He will but he normally does after a bit of chasing anyway. Not much fuss taking the Zantac either. I seriously suspect the puppy pad I put in their digging box as they'd pulled it apart. So now I feel really bad :cry:

DON'T feel bad. You weren't to know. xxx

Oh no:( Do you know what causes it?

Don't feel bad, buns are so unforgiving. One tiny mishap and they pay us back a thousand fold:cry:

Vibes for Smudge:love:

Back