• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit routine

As soon as I get up in the morning Louie tries to trip me up as he dances round my feet for food! He gets fed and that keeps him quiet for a bit.

I feed him again in the evening and clean out his litter tray then as well :D

In the holidays it can differ slightly but when I'm at college it's something like...
When I'm ready and dressed for college I go out and give them half their daily pellets, and top up their hay. I also spot clean their fleece (pick up any visible poops) and give fresh water.
Before I leave I put Benji in the run and Nahla in the conservatory (they get exercise time all day). Obviously this means moving their water and litter trays as well.
When I'm back from college, I empty their litter trays, put them back in their hutch, top up their hay again and give them their vegetables.
Before I go to bed I give them the other half of their pellets, top up their hay AGAIN if I need to and cover over their hutch for the night. I also check their water.

Obbviously at least once a day they get cuddle time:love:
It sounds a lot but each part only takes between 10 minutes-half an hour. I properly clean out their hutch once a week:)

Thanks.
It's useful to see other peoples routines. I currently get up at 5:30 when I'm at work to see to my horse, so I wondered how best to fit the buns in too.

we have house buns:D get up, check they are ok:D feed them mix and change their water..clean out their litter tray.topping up with lots of hay
go to work/ out...come home. , top up hay , feed them their greens... later ...play with them:love: top up hay ..again:roll: go to bed:D

In the mornings i feed them, check water, top up hay, change litter trays and let them into the garden.

Then around 4:30pm (When it starts to get dark) i round them all up back into the hutch, feed them, check water, hay and littler trays.

They know its time to go in when it starts getting dark and are usually already in when i go out there :love: But sometimes theres always one who doesnt want to go to bed :roll: :lol:

I clean them out completely once a week, usually on a Sunday :wave:

Jenson is a house bunny. We like to feed him at the same time in the mornings and evenings so the rest of the time I make sure he's always got more hay than he can possibily eat and plenty of water and some toys.

The cage/run is checked a couple of times a day, cleaned out every week (more if I felt it needed it), his run is usually fine, and his tray gets gone daily.

Routine is slightly out at the moment because I'm at my parents but still pretty close.

Back