• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

another quick question about bunny shedding his coat.

shadow05

Mama Doe
right i know my rabbits been shedding a bit but he wont let me brush him with brush hell on let me stroke the hair off and that its. but my problem is his shedding and its going all over my room and i dont think the hover could take any more.

so i was wondering because hes a house rabbit and stuuf would giving him a bath help a bit. i would brush him but hes constantly try to check out the bruh ur holding and normally before i start i lay them all down on the floor and let him have a sniff he knows there his never been used on any other rabbit. but he starts attacking them and stuff and i never get anything done. so i was wondering if bathing him would be a better idea.

No, a bath will not help at all. It will make things worse.

If he wont let you brush him you'll just have to 'groom' him with your hands, trying to remove the worst of the lose fur :)

No, a bath will not help at all. It will make things worse.

If he wont let you brush him you'll just have to 'groom' him with your hands, trying to remove the worst of the lose fur :)

just thought it would help. it works with dogs. i suppose ill have to but there is a lot of hair a lot and he wont let me handle him nicely.

just thought it would help. it works with dogs. i suppose ill have to but there is a lot of hair a lot and he wont let me handle him nicely.

Why not start teaching him that your hand is a reward centre :) Thumper didn't like being touched, now he doesn't even flinch. I give him a red grape every morning like clock work and a stroke after. I'm sure doing a reward system would help, especially as rabbit "generally" love to be groomed so I'm sure it'll work for you :)

Why not start teaching him that your hand is a reward centre :) Thumper didn't like being touched, now he doesn't even flinch. I give him a red grape every morning like clock work and a stroke after. I'm sure doing a reward system would help, especially as rabbit "generally" love to be groomed so I'm sure it'll work for you :)

i think tht would work but its no use trying until hes been neautered i swear this rabbit has a good complex some times.

ill still try and see how he gets on.

try rubbing him down with damp hands, the hair sticks to them :wave: or plonk his fav food infront of him and brush while he's busy nomming :D

Back