• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Hermy our rescue U/D: Back from vets P30

Zahirre

Warren Veteran
Hey everyone...

Needing lots of vibes for Hermy for the morning. With the help of Karen, we rescued Hermy and Flopsy from a horrendous home... Anyway, I had an awful feeling this morning about them and needing a vet check anyway, decided to make one for this afternoon.

Took Hermy and Flopsy aka Little Whitey to our bunny savvy vets at 1:40 this afternoon and it wasn't very good news :(

Hermy is pregnant, just over 2 wees gone. However, there is no chance we can save the kits. She is over 600g underweight and left any longer, it is inevitable that she will pass away either close to full term or during birth. So, tomorrow she is going in for an emergency spay at 8:30am. Our vet said that she has been highly undernourished and whilst under GA, she also needs a dental as her teeth are overgrown and far too sharp. It's obvious she hasn't been fed anywhere near enough or given any hay. We were told she was 3 months old and a giant. In fact, she's a harlequin cross who's around 6/7 months. Her weight should be at 3kg and it is instead just under 2.4kg.

Then we have Flopsy... He is also underweight by over 300g. He is currently 1.4kg and should be around 1.7kg. His claws are far too long but thankfully, his teeth are ok. His poor paws are also completely urine stained.

I just don't understand some people in this world!!!!

So... off to the pet shop it was. They now have a mountain of toys to keep them busy and a massive bag of Excel and timothy hay. Lets just hope they want to eat!

So please, huge vibes for the morning please... I'm extremely worried! I also don't think these two buns will be getting rehomed. I'm way too attached and love them too much already... I hope things go ok tomorrow :/

Last edited:
That's really sad for the unborn kits but sometimes there isn't an easy decision or a happy ending for everyone. I had a similar experience with a stray/feral cat that had 2 litters on the trot at my stables and was then pregnant again and in very poor condition - I had to catch her and she had to have her last lot of babies aborted :cry:
sorry that you have had this to deal with on top of getting them out of their previous horrific existence.
Lots of vibes for them both and especially for Hermy tomorrow, they are lucky to have you looking after them now

Aww I'm sorry to hear. Some poeple shouldnt be allowed pets. :censored:

Sending major vibes x

Oh no, these poor bunnies, sending lots of vibes, thank goodness they have found there way to you. Let us know how they get on.

Helen x

Oh no, poor Hermy. :( Sending vibes for her and Flopsy. Well done for getting them out of there in time to give Hermy a chance. I hope it goes well tomorrow xx

I hope they're ok too... Normally I'm ok about my buns going under GA for neutering but this time is so different... at 600g underweight, I'm beyond worried!

Just tried washing Flopsy's urine soaked paws and have ended up with some deep scratches! Just towel dryed him and now he's sat on the sofa next to me with his head snuggled into my side...

I have everything crossed for these two....

You're doing everything right for these two, I'm sure with all the love they've had they will want to fight to survive. :)

Will be watching for updates tomorrow. :wave:

Sending mega vibes for little Hermy's op tomorrow.

It is a good job that you rescued them, I'd want to keep them too if I were you!
I'm sure with your love and care they will be fine now.

Sending loads and loads of vibes for tomorrow!

My rescue bun Honey has just been spayed today, and had a dental at the same time. I was really worried about her. Although her weight was fine, she had bad health problems just before I got her.

Really glad that you will be keeping them :love::love:

Full of admiration for what you have done for these bunnies.
Remember everyone on this forum is behind you.
Best of luck for Hermy,then she really can start to think her loving life has started
Who knows what would have happened without you.
Fingers crossed:love::love:

Those poor bunnies!! I'm so glad they've found you - they really have landed on their paws. On behalf of the buns - thank you!! :love:

So pleased these bunnies are now with you...sending lotsa vibes for tomorrow....pray it all goes well xxxx

Back