• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just been thinking about Benji.. *Warning- I'm emotional!*

chloemurray

Warren Veteran
Today I've been thinking about my little Benji Bun and the bond I have with him.
Some might take it as craving company or loneliness (my two bunnies aren't bonded yet) but I genuinely think he likes me. He follows me around, flops out as soon as I stroke him, sleeps in my lap...

I guess I've just been thinking about my bridge bunnies and how I didn't get to have this bond with them.. At 11, 12, 13 years old etc I was not the best bunny mum at ALL. In fact I was probably awful. They were loved, and they ate the right diet etc, but I never seemed to form a bond with them, other than my soul bunny Barney. After Barney passed away, (vet thinks it was a heart attack), I was left with just Benji and his brother Bertie, who also went to the bridge last year.

Benji is still with me, despite the fact that he was probably a bit forgotten about when I was younger:cry: Sorry for the gushiness. I just needed to publicly say sorry for how rubbish I was...

Benji has been my second chance to get it right, and so is Nahla.

Oh, and thankyou to everyone who has offered me advice over the last few months.. it's been invaluable to me and I can't thank you enough.

Awwww :love: Nowt wrong with being soppy :lol::lol: Even if there are elements of craving company, it's obvious that he must love you, I'm sure there are plenty of buns out there who crave company but wouldn't sit happily and flop out as you stroke him. It's so nice that you have such a strong bond with your little chap :love:

I was one of those :oops:
I was a pretty bad bunny owner in my youth but then it was quite some time ago and things have moved on since then so i wasn't really bad, just iognorant like most other rabbit owners at the time. Sounds like you ahve a lovely bond - my 2 are very much their own persons and I'm not that important to them as long as they have each other, and thats the way it should be.
long may you continue to have the friendship of this lovely bunn

I have just about the same story as you. Aged 15 I stated with rabbits. And while I loved them and cared for them properly, there were still many, many things I missed. My bun Oliver was around during that time, and I can 100% say that I did not treat him in the way I should have. I regret it lots. I also regret that my bridge bunnies who have passed away due to illnesses and surgery complications cannot be here now (as they should be) to see how I've changed.
Oliver is now my love bug, and he's really grown sweeter and sweeter in his old age, just like your Benji :love: I try not to think about what I could have done better in the past, but how I can make things even better for the future ;D

I have just about the same story as you. Aged 15 I stated with rabbits. And while I loved them and cared for them properly, there were still many, many things I missed. My bun Oliver was around during that time, and I can 100% say that I did not treat him in the way I should have. I regret it lots. I also regret that my bridge bunnies who have passed away due to illnesses and surgery complications cannot be here now (as they should be) to see how I've changed.
Oliver is now my love bug, and he's really grown sweeter and sweeter in his old age, just like your Benji :love: I try not to think about what I could have done better in the past, but how I can make things even better for the future ;D

That's exactly how I feel:)

Back