• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Whats your bunny's favourite treat?

beausaffie

Warren Scout
I am asking this as i would like to try them with different treats but am interested in what other bunnies like to!

My bunnies just love BANANNA, TOAST, BROCOLLI and CURLY KALE!

How about yours? :D

erm, dried fruit, fenugreek crunchies (since the duchess persuaded duke to like them anyway!) locust beans are a fave of dukes, libby loves a TINY bit of apple. we dont tend to give them too many treats though just a really good variety of hay, sprinkling in a bit of readigrass, or dried herbs during the day :)

are rabbits allowed toast? we sometimes let a piece of french stick go stale and let them have a quick bite but literally just a few crumbs each

(How is saffie now btw?)

I have brown bread and make sure its really toasted and gone cold then i break it in half so they get half a slice each. My 2 love it. I hope they are aloud it as i have been giving my 2 toast for ages! Whoops! Best see if anyone else picks up on that.

You give yours some interesting treats ive not heard of half of those, may have to explore the shops after reading your post! :)

Oh and Saffie is much better. I had to take him to the emergency vets as he stopped pooing yesterday so they gave him a gut moving injection he has been much brighter and lively today. He has a check yo at 4.40pm today and hopefully we should get his blood test results back!

He has put his weight back on and more, just got to be carefull he dont get to fat now! LOL! Thanks for asking! x

Beano likes herbage and different types of hay as a treat, banana (given occassionally as it is high in sugar) and these bought treats called banana buttons which she goes mad for but I only got these to encourage her to eat again after her spay as I know they are probably unhealthy. :)

I'm not sure what was wrong with Saffie but I hope he gets well soon xx

so pleased that saffie is doing better :D long may it continue

the locust beans really smell but they seem to love them, dont get it myself!

Mine love fresh herbs, curly kale, banana and anything you are trying to eat in front of them :roll: They also love their homemade bunny biccies. :love:

Banana, apple and pear. Gone are the days when I can wnjoy a piece of fruit to myself, now I get mobbed by 3 greedy buns :roll:
Dont worry they only get a small nibble each as an occasional treat :wave:

the locust beans arent exactly a nutritious treat but the odd one is fine (we actually give duke one with his breakfast and supper - he just loves them so much and his tummy is so delicate we need to keep him eating the things that he can in case he has trouble and we have to start changing the quantities of what he eats etc)

Back