• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grim has fleas now...

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
It really is one thing after another with him. None of the other rabbits have them but it's off to the vets to get treatment for them all anyway...

I have no idea how he's got them. So annoying!

oh no ... nemo has had them twice ...and a couple of months before christmas a stray bun came in with them ..
:roll:

youl need some spot on treatment for both buns ...and a spray for the hutch / rooms they have been in ..

i use Indorex .
:wave:

Make that all four. My sister is down with her rabbits too. :roll:
Thanks for recommending the spray. :D

Oh dear ... are fleas different from mites? My rabbit nephew is being treated for mites just now.

Yep. Fleas are big and bitey and you can see them. Once we took in a dog who had been abused not knowing he had fleas and the whole house got infested. We were all getting bitten and I went to the toilet, looked down and there was one on my 'you know what'. :shock:

Hate 'em hate 'em hate 'em!

Grim got fleas then and he's had them one other time from a cat he was playing with in the garden. Since Smoo arrived and chased all the cats away for good I thought he wouldn't get them again but perhaps one came back into the garden at night. Or maybe a friend brought them in, or perhaps it's from me stroking random animals I see around...

Well, I have never actually seen Mr McFlurry's mites, but I do wash my hands carefully after visiting him! Hope Grim is rid of his soon. :wave:

Back